close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got Milk

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by walkin man, Jan 7, 2006.

1. walkin man

walkin man

Goldie is 24 years old. I came in and found her finishing the last of my milk and had to get this pic.

walkin man

2. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

24 huh???? wow Walkin' Man!!! You have had that girl since 1981??? That was the year my old boy Chauncy was born, I had him till 1999. 18 years!!

I have talked to a vet who told me she has treated a 27 year old cat.

How's her health?? My old boy had an overactive thyroid and he was losing teeth.......

3. walkin man

walkin man

Hey Peachy,

Goldy is a jewel. She was born here the year we built the house. She has never had a sick day in her life. The only thing on her chart is her initial checkup, her speying at 6 months, and her annual checkups and innoculations.

Up until last year she would only come into the house to eat and then go back out. We are out in the contry and off the road so all our animals have roaming privileges. She has taught all the other cats to hunt and socialized them. If one of them was not clean enought to meet her standards she would hold them down and groom them. Now they all groom each other.

Last year at her check up the vet stated that we would know when it was time to do what was necessary. One of the coldest days last February she was laying by the heater on her rug and seemed to be uncomvortable. I told my wife that it may be time for Goldy. She jumped up walked across the floor got up on the couch, walked up my chest leaned down and looked me in the eye as if to say, I'll let you know when its time, OK, you got that. Made her point.

She has now lost 3 teeth, and is a little slow to get around, but she still wants to be with us and is eating well. A bit of soreness but its not time yet.

walkin man

4. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

wow Walkin'Man........

what a regal old gal you got there!! I imagine she has arthritis and so the cold weather makes her more sore. Maybe the vet can give you something for her??? I bet she probably does better in the summer time when the weather is warm.

Hats off to you, I am amazed at how old some of these kitties get to be!!

5. walkin man

walkin man

She eats what she wants. Loves orange sherbert, doesn't care for ice cream, will absolutely fight for banana pudding. She eats the banana chunks as well, and her favorite is sweet rice. It's a southern thang, our yankee members wouldn't understand. She still eats dry food and kitten chow, I guess the extra protein doesn't hurt her, it may even help. At her age we let her have what she wants. The other day I saw her outside by the back steps and one of the younger cats was after a bird. It came around the garage with Shey right behind it and flew right into Goldy, she knocked it down and carried it under the steps. I told my wife that she has the young cats doing drives for her.

walkin man

6. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

My parents have an old cat who is sixteen years old this spring. He is quite the warrior still, and will come home with torn ears or scratches. He is getting arthritic, and likes to sleep right in front of the heat vents and moves stiffly sometimes. He's lost a few teeth, too. Otherwise he's still in good health, and nowhere near his time to go.

7. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

First of all she's beautiful, and it sounds like you two have had a nice long life together.

;g

;8 ;I