close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got Me Some New Rubbers

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by USMCsilver, Aug 16, 2006.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Wow! All I can say is -- wow! My old front Battlax had 6700 miles on it, and the rear, it was purchased new when I got the bike. Why they put that on, I have no idea; later did I only learn that it was more of a dragstrip tire, even though I told the dealer that I wanted something good for some curvey roads. Granted, I've been outta the loop for a while, so I didn't know what I got when they mounted it. I'm back in the game now, and won't get scammed again!

That Shinko rear that I had, well, pardon my French, but that thing was ****; no, not "de ****" -- ****.

As soon as I pulled outta the shop and onto the main road, it felt like the bike was going to fall over because of the new tire's profile. I thought that the other tire I had on there provided a decent lean, but OH HELL NO! These new things make it feel like I'm traveling on a rail.

Getting on the on-ramp, I carved back and forth and it felt so nice. It was so easy, so smooth. It felt like, well, it's hard to describe.

Anyway, I'm hooked. Stupid dragbike tire; I sold it for $25 to the guy who installed it. My new Qualifiers ROCK! I can't wait to go out tomorrow and "play". Gotta get rid of those little rubber spikey things, ya know.

2. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

I recently replaced the tires on my Nighthawk, and the difference in initial turn-in response was dramatic. I put on BT45 Battlax tires, which are definately not drag style tires.

I had worn out my factory specified Dunlop k505's in 6 months (around 6k miles), the rear was worn more in the center and therefore less "round" profile. I believe most folks think thier new branded rubber is superior to their old brand because of the superior profile of the new unworn tires.

Glad you're happy!

3. Twisted10

Twisted10

qualifiers are good tires, my buddy flogged the snot out of a set at our last trackday. I prefer michelins or pirelli's though... pirelli supercorsas are the cat's *** on the track. :beer: