close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got me a Glock 35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CarlosDJackal, Mar 18, 2003.

1. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

An acquaintance needed to sell some of his guns to pay some bills. So I bought his Glock 35 off him for $500. It looks like he may have fired no more than 50 rounds through it.

Last Sunday, I bought 100 rounds of Blazer 180-grain FMJs to test the gun with. It took me a while to get used to the long sight radius and that "U" notched rear sight (I already have Meprolights on order). But once I got it down, I liked it.

Although I found that I still did much better with my Glock 27 at combat ranges and in rapid fire. I don't know why? But at long distances, the Glock 35 is awesome!!

I decided to try and see if I could hit a 20 x 20-inch gong set at 300 yards with my last five rounds. I did it off-hand: the first shot I aimed right at the gong and the round hit about 10 yards short. I adjusted and the second round went over the gong I think). So Iadjusted again and the third hit just to the right of the gong. I took a deep breath and concentrated on my trigger pull and in holding the gun still, and lo and behold!! Shots four AND five hit the gong!! At 300 yards!!

That convinced me that the Glock 35 would make an excellent duty pistol. I'll be qulifying with it next week and then gradually phasing it into "service" once I find a holster to fit it and I use up most of my .45 ACP supply.

I like this gun. ;f

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Carlos,

It shoots even nicer with light, Blazer 165-gr FMJ ammo.;)

3. Liferacer5k

Liferacer5k

I will be firing mine for the first time. And by what you stated am looking forward to it. I am going to try three different brands of ammo (winclean 180 gr fmj, pmc 180 gr fmj and speer gold dots 155 gr hp). Will let you know how it goes.;c ;a

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

WinClean often results in light primer hits in Glocks due to the "clean" primers.

5. jv56

jv56 member

Danny, I had no problem with winclean in my G35 and shot a lot of it.
    I take it you have experienced problems with that ammo. I know reloads had light primer strikes with glocks.

6. Guest

I love mine...but I bought a .357 barrel for it and never went back

Anybody need a .40 cal bbl???

7. Grog

Grog Millennium Member

How much ?:) ;a

8. u084708

u084708

I too have a new G35 and really enjoy shooting it so far. I'd like to get a ported barrel for it, as of course the slide is ported, but how do I go about doing this? Can I use the Glock compensated factory .40 barrel for the G24 (part #G1924 from glockmeister.com at $175)? Any suggestions appreciated.

9. Guest

Hadn't really thought of selling it...but......

G35 stock barrel $100.00 including next day air shipment (for instant gratification)

I am not certain the the slide relief on the G35...which is there to remove mass....is in the right spot for a ported barrel.

But I don't really believe in porting anyway

10. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

WHo made the barrel and how much did it cost?

11. Guest

I assume you mean the .357 Barrel...it is a bar-sto!

Their website has pricing info...if you try this route...be smart and send them your pistol for fitting!

12. xcia

xcia

There is no reason you should be better at short range combat with a 27 than a 35. Having said that, it is exactly the same experience I had. I carry and train with a 27. When I shoot my 35 it is just for fun and accuracy. For some reason I am timid about point shooting the 35. I do the 27 all the time. When I pull the 35 I seem to think that I must use the sights and squeeze the trigger. So when I shoot short range with a 35 I slow down, use the sights and squeeze the trigger. Not good. I think this will go away when I shoot the 35 more. By the way, I use the 155 gold dots and think they are best.

13. hile

hile

Congratulations on the new acquisition, Carlos.

14. Guest

I actually find the shot-to shot times are better as the longer gun seems to come back on target faster , and actually have less muzzle rise.

Actual accuracy at less than 10 yards is hard to call

15. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

Actually, it is probably due to the fact that a shorter barrelled handgun (i.e. G27) is more forgiving of sloppy trigger control than one with a longer barrel (i.e. G35). This is because if you were to physically jerk the trigger a quarter-inch to the left, this would translate into a larger movement for the G35 than the G27 at the muzzle.

Basically, I just have to work on my trigger control.

Stay safe!!

16. xcia

xcia

That is a good point on the jerk of the trigger of a 27 vs 35. will keep that in mind

17. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    I've been real happy with my 23 (12 years) and 27 (about two), & am looking at a 35 now... Glad to hear all these good things.

18. Squadman

Squadman CRUNCH CuTTER

Carlos, congratulations on the 35, I wrung mine at the Stounton shoot, after 2000 rounds, not failure yet. I do agree with your 27 being better on combat ranges, I experienced that also with the 33, the longer distances are easier to hit with the 35. I'm using mine to do IPSC and IDPA. I'm sure the gun is capable as soon as I catch up. squadman

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=19037&cat=110

19. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    I went ahead and bought a G35, picked it up and shot it last Friday. Nice, felt good and not too bad at target transition..... And yes, compared it to a 1911- close enough to be basically the same size.

20. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

Congrats on your purchase. A fine weapon and will serve you well.