Glock 42 Got G42 rear slide plate.....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by NDZ Performance, Nov 8, 2019.

1. NDZ Performance

NDZ Performance Sponsor

2. Mike-M

Mike-M

Is that the same thing that Glock calls the SLIDE COVER PLATE? :) If so, why don't you call it that? What's better about it than OEM?

3. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Does it really matter what they call it? They call it a tactical fidget doohickey if they want.
    Who ever said it was "better"? I have some in red and blue and they just work.

It's just an option, you don't have to buy one if it triggers your feelings.

AdamRodgers and NDZ Performance like this.
  4. Jbritt

Jbritt

Lol. I don’t have a 42 but I want to buy one just for this response. No snake oil salesman here “you want it fine, if not fine”.

bravo sir

5. hivel9mm

hivel9mm

Maybe the pictures don’t show up on your screen, but yes, their rear slide plate would replace the “slide cover plate.” Some people would even get in a tizzy with a slide featuring “ridged grip surfaces” if they’re not called “serrations” just because that what Glock calls them (even though they’re not). :crying:

NDZ Performance and E.Bar like this.
  6. Chaos Cosmonaut

Chaos Cosmonaut

These are like buying a high performance gas cap for you car. Although this is a brilliant marketing strategy. Post a picture/ short video clip and watch the sales come in.

NDZ Performance likes this.
  7. DrewBone

DrewBone

Well, that's the hoped for outcome, eh. In the end I prefer substance and purpose over high resolution images or video.

8. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Hey...you stole that straight out of Shield Arms' playbook!

Chaos Cosmonaut and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  9. mongo356

mongo356

Now that you mention it, I always wondered why they are called striker fired guns but a Glock uses a "firing pin" according to their parts list.

NDZ Performance likes this.
  10. DrewBone

DrewBone

...that, and Glock identifies their ported pistols as "Compensated" models. 'Makes it kinda' hard to see someone trying to justify the use of proper terminology when the manufacturer themselves - doesn't.

Perhaps there's something lost in the translation from German-Bavarian to English...

11. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Hmmmm, still no response to Mikes question from the OP. ???

zaitcev likes this.
  12. Orive 8

Orive 8

Regarding the "rear slide plate" / "slide cover plate". My wife has collected Unicorn's since she was 6 years old.

A few years ago, one of our friends ordered her a rear slide plate from NDZ with a Unicorn engraving on it for her Glock 26 as a Christmas present. She loves it...

When she was using her Para Ord P14 back in the 90s, I always though about having a set of wood grips engraved with a Unicorn on them for her, never got around to doing it and the gun is long gone now...

For some, personalizing their gun is fun...

AdamRodgers and NDZ Performance like this.
  13. fflincher

fflincher

I have 'em for one .357 and two for 9mm, so marked to keep feeding the proper loads in my pistols. Wish they made 'em for the various .22 conversion kits.

The slight projections on the sides make pulling back the slides MUCH easier, especially since I've got ENDO and Shockwave Blade attachments on those Glocks.

[​IMG]

14. glockenturm

glockenturm

Austrian German ......

Probably went from Austrian German to German German. Then to British English to American English.

We have a Slide Stop but no slide release.

Slide Lock Lever but no takedown lever.

Compensated guns with ports but no compensator.

And now their numbering system is getting as confusing as Smith and Wesson.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  15. DrewBone

DrewBone

I think the OP is just making an effort to increase their presence here without speaking up for themselves, which is a bit of a surprise since their products don't seem to be being spoken of or shared much otherwise:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/ndz-performance-picture-thread.1793752/#post-27913648

"Specialty" Glock items have what I believe to be a very limitied clientele, appealing only to the young and inexperienced (i.e., gamers, newbie's, etc.) amongst us, and those who have the money to spend (read: burn) on flashy visual enhancements. I've never seen one single example of a pimped out Glock pistol that looked as if it'd been shot any appreciable amount...no muzzle smile on the barrel, no wear on the barrel hood, no scratches or holster wear present anywhere, no nothing - but the sparkle of perfecta condicion.

Even if I had a disposable income I'd take "A legitimately worn used Gen2 G22 LE trade-in for $225 Alex" over one of these visually enhanced Glock models - any day of the week. Butt there's a seat for every arse, and people can do as they please with their own coin and it affects me not, but such pimped out examples do seem to offer me reason to chuckle once in a while, especially at the prices some of these outfits like ZEV ask for just their slides, which at $525 cost more than most new and complete Glock pistols can be had for...

Stripped ZEV G19 MOS "Orion" slide...
    Z19-Orion-Stripped-Slide-with-RMR-Plate-4th-Gen-Gray_media-1.jpg
    http://www.zevtechnologies.com/Z19-Orion-Stripped-Slide-with-RMR-Plate-4th-Gen-Gray

...or their dimpled, threaded, Bronze ZEV G19 barrels, @$275, which costs $50 more than my LE trade-in G22:
    ZEV-Barrel-G19-Dimpled-Supp-Threaded-Bronze_media-1.jpg
    http://www.zevtechnologies.com/ZEV-Barrel-G19-Dimpled-Supp-Threaded-Bronze

I'm by no means a cheap bastage, but I prefer substance over appearance, because it's often more reliable and cost effective than simply putting up a pretty and costly facade. I liken those who feel they need to be impressive with a pimped out Glock to be just like the guys I see driving big trucks around that're all raised up with 18" lift kits and boasting 38" tires for the street. I can't help but think that perhaps maybe they too are compensating for something...LOL.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8tPpS7MI6s

16. NDZ Performance

NDZ Performance Sponsor

Our rear plates are made of billet aluminum that is sturdy that the consumer can either have plain or an image that we have offered on our page lasered on. Also as well we do offer them in various colors to choose from. There are some people that like to add just that different touch to their's to there liking.

17. Jbritt

Jbritt

It’s a slide back plate people. It does nothing different than the original one except look a lot cooler. it won’t make your pistol not work or make it work better. It just holds the slide parts in. I don’t have one but if I had to buy a new slide plate for some reason I’d get a cool looking one like OPs. But I’ve never had to buy one so I don’t have one.

18. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

There have been folks here that have installed aftermarket slide cover plates and had issues, some have even fallen out.

If the part is machined to exact OEM Glock specs, there’s no issue.

But in many instances the aftermarket plates are not correctly spec’d and do cause problems.

Jbritt and Chaos Cosmonaut like this.
  19. hivel9mm

hivel9mm

Even if all it changes is the appearance, some people will still buy it. Aesthetics matter for a lot of consumers. Just like you have those that insist that serious weapons must only be black and that any other color means that you must have tattoos and nose rings, you will also have those that simply want a different appearing slide cover plate.

DrewBone likes this.
  20. SilentRecon

SilentRecon

I understand your viewpoint as I USED to think the same way. It wasn't until I discovered happiness and that I found it doesn't matter what "I" think about someone else's creation or abomination. What you think is functionally cool, can be polar opposites of the next. Sometimes you have to sit back and enjoy the show.

I know guys who beat on their exotics and some who only drive them to the cafe once a month or 6. Don't let a customized Glock and price get under your skin. I'm glad they own a Glock!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk