Glock Talk banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· NRA Life Member
75,664 Posts
We see deer all the time.
Our hunting deer limit is this...
Archery, which includes crossbows... 15 antlerless deer.
Shotgun/rifle season...10 antlerless deer.
Muzzleloader season...10 antlerless deer.
There is no daily limit.
The middle counties, It's called the suburban deer zone... which 2 of them border my county has an "Unlimited" deer limit for archery for antlerless deer.
Archery season is 5 months long.
We do protect the bucks you can only shoot 2 bucks in any of the seasons.
I was thinking that's a lot of deer. Then I checked Kentucky's regulation and found out when can now kill "unlimited" antlerless deer in the places I have always hunted. I haven't been deer hunting for a few years. The last time I went, I think 4 was the highest number in any county.

Reactions: Scamp57

· Registered
11,485 Posts
In Texas it can vary by county and region. The county I hunt is four deer, two bucks, two does. One back has to have an inside spread of 13" or more and the second buck has to have one or more unbranched antler. Doe season is only about three weeks of the entire gun season tho. We have two months of buck season, plus a month of archery season and two weeks at the end for muzzleloader.

· NRA Life Member
6,090 Posts
In KY, if you want does, it’s unlimited as long as you buy the tags.

Only 1 buck allowed. Very few people take advantage of the lenient doe limits.

· Huge Member
12,375 Posts
In Michigan, it's two bucks, one with antler point limits. Antlerless is up to 10. That's throughout the season...early doe, youth, archery, firearm, muzzleloading, late etc.

I usually get two deer a year. A buck and a doe, or two doe. I'd take more but for lack of freezer space.

· Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
40 years ago, I'd get 2 Deer tags and 2 Pronghorn tags a year. One draw and one leftover. Could also buy OTC buck tags. Elk was harder to get by draw, but also OTC Bull tags. In the early 2000s, it started to change. I was filling 2 Elk tags a year and you could really only get 1 Deer and 1 Pronghorn. Now everything rifle is pretty much draw. We get Elk tags about 60% of the time, Deer 50% and Pronghorn 20%. We pretty much fill all the tags we get. Butchering 39th Elk I have tagged today.

With the boys out, I'm going to try more out of State Deer hunts the next decade.

· Registered
6,420 Posts
Don’t ask don’t tell. Just say your a subsistence hunter.

· Standing my ground...
1,656 Posts
VA has a season limit of 6 but 3 must be anterless. I think the reg states that after you kill your first buck you must kill a doe before you can kill another buck.

· Registered
13,903 Posts
Here in Connecticut, between rifle, bow and muzzleloader seasons, you can take up to 14 deer per season.

Bow season (which includes crossbow) goes from approximately September 15 to January 30. Shotgun / rifle is the 2nd two weeks in November, muzzleloader is 3 weeks in December..

All of the hunters I talk to take one or maybe two deer. You got to have somewhere to store all that meat!

· Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
All of the hunters I talk to take one or maybe two deer. You got to have somewhere to store all that meat!
🤣
I've had 3 Elk in the freezer. I can put at least a dozen Whitetails in the freezer.🤣

Reactions: Tvov

· Registered
13,903 Posts
Actually, now that I think about it, I have to ask around. People always talk about their first deer of the season, or the "big one", but no one really talks about taking more than one.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts