Glock Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We see deer all the time.
Our hunting deer limit is this...
Archery, which includes crossbows... 15 antlerless deer.
Shotgun/rifle season...10 antlerless deer.
Muzzleloader season...10 antlerless deer.
There is no daily limit.
The middle counties, It's called the suburban deer zone... which 2 of them border my county has an "Unlimited" deer limit for archery for antlerless deer.
Archery season is 5 months long.
We do protect the bucks you can only shoot 2 bucks in any of the seasons.

·
The wind serenades a purified man.
5,597 Posts
I have an acquaintance that claims he killed 65 deer last season. Most of the deer were harvested over bait. Perfectly legal here. Can you say, "like shooting monkeys in a barrel"? Sure you can. He was actually selling venison from the back of his truck in underprivileged parts of the county. I'd say the efforts of the DNR to reestablish the population of whitetail deer in the state has been a quite robust success.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
In Alabama, it is a deer a day for anterless and a total of three bucks. For bow and gun, that would total 118 unless you killed one of each sex on the four day youth hunt.

White-Tailed Antlered Buck Limit

• Three per hunter during all combined seasons, one per day. One of the three must have at least 4 antler points 1” or longer on one antler (except for Barbour County). A point is defined as an antler projection of at least one inch in length from base to tip. The main beam tip shall be counted as a point regardless of length.
White-Tailed Unantlered Deer Limit

• During the Unantlered Deer Gun, Special Muzzleloader, Bow and Arrow and Special Youth (under 16) Seasons, one unantlered deer may be taken per day in addition to one antlered buck per day
ZONE A

BOW AND ARROW – STALK HUNTING:

• October 15, 2022 - February 10, 2023 - Either Sex
SPECIAL YOUTH GUN

• November 11-14, 2022 - Either Sex
SPECIAL MUZZLELOADER AND AIR RIFLE:

Privately Owned or Leased Land and USFS Stalk Hunting Only (No Dogs)

• November 14-18, 2022 - Either Sex
GUN DEER-STALK HUNTING:

ON PRIVATELY OWNED OR LEASED LAND ONLY

• November 19, 2022 - February 10, 2023 - Either Sex

·
******* country boy
796 Posts
12 in Ga.

10 antlerless deer and 2 antlered deer. One of the two antlered deer must have a minimum of 4 points, 1 inch or longer, on either antler or a minimum 15-inch outside antler spread to be legal.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have an acquaintance that claims he killed 65 deer last season. Most of the deer were harvested over bait. Perfectly legal here. Can you say, "like shooting monkeys in a barrel"? Sure you can. He was actually selling venison from the back of his truck in underprivileged parts of the county. I'd say the efforts of the DNR to reestablish the population of whitetail deer in the state has been a quite robust success.
That's an amazing number. I have hunted every state west of the Mississippi River in the last 30 years except Hawaii, I've never heard of bag limits like that.
I know Florida used to have no bag limit, and some states have 5 or 6 deer limits, but 65?
What state is this? Not criticizing you but this just doesn't sound legal.

·
The wind serenades a purified man.
5,597 Posts
I know Florida used to have no bag limit, and some states have 5 or 6 deer limits, but 65?
What state is this? Not criticizing you but this just doesn't sound legal.
You're correct. It's not a bag limit, it's not legal, and it certainly isn't ethical. This happens when game laws are not enforced.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Not saying it is ethical...but here you can bait & take from your own backyard...many, many folks do just that...they use crossbows, keep to themselves and tell no one...and with the ensuing recession raising food prices, Bambi had better hide
Same here, baiting deer is legal on private property. Its ok to bait your backyard and shoot deer with archery, which includes crossbows. The only law is you have to be 50 yards from another house or occupied structure. The distance for firearms hunting is 150 yards. But if you get someones permission you can hunt their backyard. There is no distance rule from houses if you have permission. There is no law that says you can't shoot a deer from your deck or even inside the house. But it is unlawful to bait deer on State owned lands.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
13,665 Posts
Same here, baiting deer is legal on private property. Its ok to bait your backyard and shoot deer with archery, which includes crossbows. The only law is you have to be 50 yards from another house or occupied structure. The distance for firearms hunting is 150 yards. But if you get their permission you cant hunt their backyard. There is no distance rule from houses if you have permission. There is no law that says you can't shoot a deer from your deck or even inside the house. But it is unlawful to bait deer on State owned lands.
And I know many have a problem with this...until you consider, most every hunter I know in my area hunts for food and not a trophy, even the Trophy hunters give away the meat, and GA has so many Deer, our auto insurance rates are elevated due to all the strikes...either (we) manage this resource, or disease will manage it for us.

·
Registered
319 Posts
And I know many have a problem with this...until you consider, most every hunter I know in my area hunts for food and not a trophy, even the Trophy hunters give away the meat, and GA has so many Deer, our auto insurance rates are elevated due to all the strikes...either (we) manage this resource, or disease will manage it for us.
We have the same problem in Oregon, and elk strikes too. We have had to change registration of all of our vehicles to our out of state winter home to avoid the increased rates from this. What sucks the most is losing the personalized Oregon license plates I had on my old jeep and my Kawasaki since I got my license at 16. Oh well...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts