Got Bit!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by boatsanhoes, Jan 14, 2010.

1. boatsanhoes

boatsanhoes

So last night I was wrestling with my step children, they are twins (boy and girl) and I put the little girl under my leg with me knee bent so not as to put pressure on her just maker her have to wiggle out from under neath it as her brother was attacking my upper body...when all of the sudden... CHOMP! The little thing bit me so hard it broke the skin. Boy oh boy was I mad. Sat right up and told my wife to come into the bedroom and showed her the teeth marks...what does she say...nothing. :steamed: now here is the problem if I get after the kids she gets mad at me and says I am to hard on them but then I am suppose to handle this how?! Let me tell you if it had been my wife that got bit that hard that little girl would have been spanked and put in her room for days. But me...guess its no big deal. She has been bitting alot lately but never that hard as far as I know and her mother seems to shrug it off. I am worried she is going to do that to one of her classmates and then all hell is going to break lose. Now I have to watch my leg and make sure that it doesnt get infected. GRRRR....it makes me so mad and I am walking round work with a sore leg.:steamed:

2. Nessy

Nessy NRA Benefactor

Wearing pants much?

3. trifecta

trifecta

Pants might not be enough to stop the bite. Maybe some riding chaps!:rofl:

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Ow. How old are the twins?

I was taught not to bite others by being bitten back....

5. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

How old?

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Let's see if I get this straight...

1. A child you were voluntarily playing with bit you.
    2. I'll assume you are considered a guardian for these kids.
    3. Instead of addressing the matter immediately, you sought the direction of another adult.
    Problem here is not your wife, or the kids, it's YOU. Be assertive.

'Drew

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Bite the brat back.

Oh and make sure your rabies and tetanus is up to date.

8. Berto

Berto woo woo

We need tyke specific legislation.

9. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

seems like the right answer .... then again did you explain the rules of the little wrestling match to those involved. Seems to me she used what was at her discretion to get you to turn loose. Smart kid.

10. trifecta

trifecta

This Drew fella is one smart guy. If something is unacceptable, you don't have to spank them and send them to their room for 4 days. You also don't have to wait for another adult. If you don't have the confidence to deal with small stuff now, as the kids get older they will own you. You are setting yourself up to have them never bring a question to you, much less accept advice, correction or discipline from you. The kids need guidance from the adults in their life, and that includes you. By the way, many kids go through a biting phase. If she is old enough to understand, have a talk with her.

Glad I don't have the step kid issue because I do feel for you.

11. holyjohnson

holyjohnson

what he said.

12. Adjuster

Adjuster

Unfortunately it does need to be addressed as biting is a big issue for kids when they first socialize with other kids in school. Sorry no kids myself so I can't give you any help/advice.

13. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

My kids were taught not to bite with a quick flick on the ear. They stopped quickly.

With children, particularly with bad behavior, the Colonel's advice is usually applicable: "Swift, decisive, aggressive action"

Too late when you went to your wife. Children are somewhat like dogs, in that they live in the moment. Delaying reaction or punishment only confuses them. Deal with the problem as it happens, not afterward.

As far as your wife, your children are very well aware that there is division with regard to discipline, and they *will* use it to their advantage. Get on the same page with your wife (and do NOT have this discussion in front of the kids). Otherwise the kids will forever be attempting to play you against each other and believe me, they will win.

<--- former manipulator of the 'rents

14. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

I feel your pain brother. My ex was a wack job that came with a kid. She would get pissed off at me every time I would punish my step daughter for some wrong doing and then tell her she didn't have to do whatever the punishment was. But she always wanted me to do this or that for HER child as she would say. Needless to say that crap didn't last long.

15. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Serves you right for picking on a little girl! :tongueout:

Just kidding,.....my niece did that to me once. Nearly the same situation,
    she was 3 at the time. Hurt like the dickens,........what can you do?
    She said I was squishing her head. :dunno:

16. Souper Phly

Souper Phly

BAN CHILDREN!!!!! It's for the childre.. (oh hell now what do we ban stuff for?)