Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know in advance I'm going to catch some flak for this from all the guys who love stock triggers. I can already hear the shouts about me just learning to shoot the trigger that comes with my Glock. And I'm cool with that too. But after reading a few threads about Johnny Glock Triggers, and then watching a bunch of videos on You Tube, I decided to try out the Johnny Glock Trigger. Today I ordered a Johnny Glock Evolution X Combat Trigger kit, with a flat face shoe and the firing pin assembly.

It wasn't cheap, and I could have just waisted some money. But I also might love it to no end and end up buying another one. The one coming is going to go into my Glock 45. If I like it then I may get one for my Glock 19X.

If anyone has bought this particular trigger and can offer some insight into how they like it or don't like it, by all means please contribute to this thread.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think you will love it as well. If I was going to spend more I wouldve gone that route but I’ve had good luck with Apex in the past and went with them but Johnny Glock is top notch. Maybe it’s because I’m new to Glock and used to shooting other guns but I’m sorry as great as Glock is their triggers aren’t on par with the everything else Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
I know in advance I'm going to catch some flak for this from all the guys who love stock triggers. I can already hear the shouts about me just learning to shoot the trigger that comes with my Glock. And I'm cool with that too. But after reading a few threads about Johnny Glock Triggers, and then watching a bunch of videos on You Tube, I decided to try out the Johnny Glock Trigger. Today I ordered a Johnny Glock Evolution X Combat Trigger kit, with a flat face shoe and the firing pin assembly.

It wasn't cheap, and I could have just waisted some money. But I also might love it to no end and end up buying another one. The one coming is going to go into my Glock 45. If I like it then I may get one for my Glock 19X.

If anyone has bought this particular trigger and can offer some insight into how they like it or don't like it, by all means please contribute to this thread.
No flak from me....that's what I have in my 48....I left the 5# firing pin spring on it and it pulls at 3 lb 6oz average of three pulls, with a solid wall, about half of factory pre-travel, and smooth, grit free pull to a sharp break and no overtravel. I have two more in the mail right now for my two other Glocks.....

YMMV

Lon

·
Registered
11,633 Posts
I think you will love it as well. If I was going to spend more I wouldve gone that route but I’ve had good luck with Apex in the past and went with them but Johnny Glock is top notch. Maybe it’s because I’m new to Glock and used to shooting other guns but I’m sorry as great as Glock is their triggers aren’t on par with the everything else Glock.

APEX Triggers are GTG.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I prefer stock Glock triggers for carry, but improved triggers definitely improve fun at the range.
I dont think making your carry trigger very light is a good idea. I just like it smoother than the Glock OEM trigger and I hate the serrated shoe they put on the 43x and I don’t like the safety doesn’t go all the way into the shoe when firing.

·
Registered
11,633 Posts
I dont think making your carry trigger very light is a good idea. I just like it smoother than the Glock OEM trigger and I hate the serrated shoe they put on the 43x and I don’t like the safety doesn’t go all the way into the shoe when firing.

All easily fixed.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Why not? If you use the pistol in self defense wouldn't you want the same accuracy as you get on the range during play time? I think I would. I've heard the argument that if you do use it in self defense, the prosecutors could use it against you, but unless you shoot your attacker on accident, I don't see how.

The trigger weight on the trigger I ordered is described on Johnny Glock's webpage as being between 3.5 and 4.5 lbs. I think I can live with that, even though I could agree with you that those who have trigger weights of 2 lbs or so should not be carried. At least I wouldn't. But the one I ordered is probably just about right.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No flak from me....that's what I have in my 48....I left the 5# firing pin spring on it and it pulls at 3 lb 6oz average of three pulls, with a solid wall, about half of factory pre-travel, and smooth, grit free pull to a sharp break and no overtravel. I have two more in the mail right now for my two other Glocks.....

YMMV

Lon
Nice. I hope the trigger that I get is about 3.5 to 4.0 lbs. and also exactly as you describe it. If it is then I'm buying another one right away for my Glock 19X.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Why not? If you use the pistol in self defense wouldn't you want the same accuracy as you get on the range during play time? I think I would. I've heard the argument that if you do use it in self defense, the prosecutors could use it against you, but unless you shoot your attacker on accident, I don't see how.

The trigger weight on the trigger I ordered is described on Johnny Glock's webpage as being between 3.5 and 4.5 lbs. I think I can live with that, even though I could agree with you that those who have trigger weights of 2 lbs or so should not be carried. At least I wouldn't. But the one I ordered is probably just about right.
I guess I should’ve been a little more specific. I think 3.5 lbs is fine for EDC. I was talking about those guns that are true “hair triggers” that can almost be set off by a hard jolt or a hard knock against something. Basically anything that could be unsafe because it’s so easy to go off. I think a 6.5lb trigger is too heavy for me personally. I didn’t have a specific number in mind but most of my other guns are around probably around 4-5 lbs so I was referring to something much lighter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have an Apex and an Overwatch with Glock stock 5# trigger connector. I like the feel of the aluminum trigger much better.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Perhaps many years of revolver shooting have conditioned me to heavier longer trigger pulls, but don’t find anything about the stock Glock trigger objectionable for carry and defensive use.
And practicing at the range with the same trigger you carry ( if in my case than means stock or in someone else’s a modified/ aftermarket trigger) makes a lot of sense

·
Registered
131 Posts
Johnny Glock trigger's are spectacular! I used one in a G34 Gen 4 in USPSA. Was under 3# and reliable.
But since the Gen 5’s came out, and after putting a factory Glock minus connector in them I have learned to shoot a heavier trigger just as well. They all run around 4# on my trigger gauge except for my G43X which is just over 4.5#.
When I throw a shot, it’s because I slacked off on my grip. Not the extra pound or so of the trigger.
That said, I’m going to buy another one of his triggers to try in a Gen 5,...just because. He’s a great guy too.

·
Private side
11,596 Posts
Perhaps many years of revolver shooting have conditioned me to heavier longer trigger pulls, but don’t find anything about the stock Glock trigger objectionable for carry and defensive use.
And practicing at the range with the same trigger you carry ( if in my case than means stock or in someone else’s a modified/ aftermarket trigger) makes a lot of sense
Have you tried a NY Trigger spring and a reduced power connector? It changes the feel and seems like it resets quicker while still being in that 5-6# range (I don’t own a trigger pull gauge so I don’t have exact numbers)

Reactions: GlockyQ

·
I'm not retired
7,273 Posts
The JGT looks to be a good product. If I were to use this in a defense pistol, I'd definitely shoot a box or two of decent ammo to be sure everything works, correctly.

·
NRA Life Member
66,554 Posts

OK. You spent $360 for a new trigger shoe and to have some other guy polish a $14 Glock trigger bar and $45 striker for you, and you did it based on an internet video, without ever trying the trigger to see if you like it???

I have the same thing in My Glock 17, other than the trigger shoe, but I did the polishing myself and used a Ghost striker spring. Maybe $3 invested. Good luck.

·
Banned
6,432 Posts
Sorry but $360 for a trigger kit it's not for me!
Just hope it's 100% reliable.
Please let us know your opinion after a lot of rounds!
Thank you.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK. You spent $360 for a new trigger shoe and to have some other guy polish a $14 Glock trigger bar and $45 striker for you, and you did it based on an internet video, without ever trying the trigger to see if you like it???

I have the same thing in My Glock 17, other than the trigger shoe, but I did the polishing myself and used a Ghost striker spring. Maybe $3 invested. Good luck.
You're wrong. There is so many other things the guy does. He stones and reshapes certain parts, sets the over travel, and pre travel, adjust the reset. To me it is worth it. If it is too much money for you, keep your 25 cent trigger job. I have that on two of my Glocks also, nothing wrong with the DIY method of a 25 cent trigger job. But until you start paying my bills for me, it's really none of your business what I spend my money on.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry but $360 for a trigger kit it's not for me!
Just hope it's 100% reliable.
Please let us know your opinion after a lot of rounds!
Thank you.
Now that was a constructive form of criticism and I appreciate it. I will let you know after I have received it and used it for a while. If I find that I wasted the money I spent, I'll share that with you and you can count on my honesty. However if I decide it was money well spent, then I'll let you know that too because I'll be getting another trigger if it turns out good to go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.