Got a new Vehicle

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Majestic9C1, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Congratulations on the new addition! Enjoy it!

I can't just buy a vehicle and drive it...oh, no...I have to spend the next month cleaning and detailing it, to get it 'just right' for me...especially the entire front end, which takes the most road abuse, then vacuum and dust, take stuff apart and clean (where you'll never even see, like under the license plate) make sure all the lug nuts all match and are torqued right, wipe down the door gaskets, clean the back lower panels to hospital standards (get the tar off, then wash and wax)...even used to remove the mirrors and wash and wax inside the mirror housing and bottom of the door panels and the door hinges on my Vettes...

2. K. Foster

K. Foster

Congrats on the Pathfinder. I have a 2012 frontier that I bought new, it’s been excellent. Only one small issue that was easily fixed. I would definitely look at Nissan again.

ZekerMan likes this.

3. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

OP, I'm still waiting for pics. tom. :car:

4. azbuckeye

azbuckeye

Very nice...enjoy your new vehicle.

We've not owned a Nissan but have experience through family members that have owned, or presently own Nissans and and they have all been pleased with their vehicles.

ZekerMan likes this.
  5. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    That's odd. :odie:
    Here are generic pics off the web, since new car threads are useless without pics. It should look like this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ZekerMan and deputy tom like this.
  6. bdcochran

bdcochran

It took me awhile to figure a fix on my Toyota Avalon seatbelt. I used a safety pin to repair it. Previously, there was a guy in another city where I would take my non Toyota cars to have the seatbelts fixed.

You bought a used car without having your mechanic inspect it. Ok.
    You will receive suggestions to change the oil and the transmission fluid regularly.
    I have three other suggestions that seem to work because I deal with non dealer mechanics.
    1. consult and buy the parts in advance. A mechanic has only limited lifts and storage space. If you walk in with the quality parts, your car will come out sooner and you will probably have some slack given on the bill. I did this for the 90,000 mile overhaul. When the front motor mount went out and the torque mount was cracked, I got the parts and then went up on the lift before other people because all the parts were there.
    2. find an opportunity to show you value the relationship. During the year I take in boxes of guavas and lemons harvested from my fruit trees.
    3. always take a pen and pad when you go to the mechanic. so few people do that. in fact, i was in to see a surgeon last week and asked how many patients come in without a pen and paper - virtually all. ask questions and write down answers.

7. The Hawk

The Hawk

I hope you like it as much as we like our 2013 Pathfinder. Bought it new in 2013. Now has 98,000 miles on it. Does not use oil. No problems at all. Gets 26 mpg hwy. Very smooth ride. Enjoy.

ZekerMan likes this.
  8. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"and things that come standard on a 2010 Hyundai Elantra are an added cost upgrade on the 4runner."

Standard things like real part-time 4wd? rear locker? Multi Terrain Select? 3 skid plates? Active Traction Control? 9.6 inches of ground clearance? 5000 pound towing capacity??????

I didn't know an Elantra had all that standard. Oh well. That's it, I'm selling the 4Runner. ;)

stuckon9mm and DaveJ like this.
  9. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Hope it is a great truck for you

10. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Easy there, tiger... :rofl:

I was talking about tech and creature comforts, obviously. :supergrin:

11. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"I was talking about tech and creature comforts,"

I bought my wife an Avalon Touring 3 days after I bought my 4Runner. She liked the V6 and the 18" wheels.

For tech we each got an iPhone 11. :)

12. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

Hope you enjoy it. I have a couple of friends with Nissan pickups and they've had pretty good luck with them.

R.B. Riddick likes this.
  13. Majestic9C1

Majestic9C1 You're Going to Love my Nuts

thanks all and sorry I forgot to take some pics.. It was dark by the time I got off work..

I ordered an American Flag plate for it (black accent) ..

the No-Key push button start takes some getting used to as I keep wanting to take the keys out of my pocket but I'll get used to it LOL

the front windows were already tinted to match the back so thats an added bonus

Ive got a 4 day weekend after tomorrow so I'll take a bunch of pics :)

deputy tom and Rinspeed like this.
  14. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

True, but there is a reason why it was so much cheaper than a Toyota, it's a Nissan, not a Toyota. Think about the loss in value people who bought these new have experienced. They don't cost much if anything less than the comparable Toyota model when new.

NAZG26 likes this.
  15. Berto

Berto woo woo

I'm sure they worked out the fire thing in newer pathfinders. :D

To be fair, mines 27yrs old.
    Enjoy your new ride, I chose my new Nissan truck 29 years ago over the Toyota, still love it and drive it every day.

ZekerMan, Joshhtn and pgg00 like this.
  16. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

Sorry, but this was my own, expensive and painful experience. We took a financial bath on her last Nissan. Second lemon in a row. I would never recommend a Nissan to anyone, there may be good ones, but I know for a fact that there are bad ones.

That is the problem with settling for less than he wanted. He said he wanted a Toyota, but settled for a Nissan because it cost less. Sure he saved money now, but in the years to come? I have never regretting buying any of the Toyota vehicles I have ever bought. I bitterly regret both of the Nissan's that my ex had to have. They weren't cheap to buy either.

I buy newer cars and drive them to destruction. That is the only way they make economic sense. The first Nissan required a new engine at 80K miles and was never the same afterward (we sold it not long after). The second one had a bad master cylinder, bad transmission, bad AC compressor and a number of smaller problems is less than 60K miles. The transmission failed after the warranty expired. We sold it at a major loss with less than 3 years on it. Color me impressed.

I am still driving my 2010 Rav4 and in 100K miles, it has only needed tires, brakes, batteries and routine maintenance. My 87 Celica gave me 14 trouble free years and 170K miles and was still running OK (body was rough) when I sold it.

-Edit-

I am just as unforgiving about Chrysler. I will never forgive them for the minivan I bought from them in the mid '90s.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  17. steve1911

steve1911

Congrats!

1911club#410

18. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

I am guessing your 2017 Pathfinder must be the same color as my 2019 Frontier I picked up a couple months ago. Nice color IMHO. Enjoy your new ride!!!:dancing: DSC03542.JPG

K. Foster, Joshhtn and Berto like this.
  19. sarge83

sarge83

Hope you got the extended warranty because the Pathfinders transmissions are notorious for failing. I had thought about one for my wife in 2014 and did the research, she ended up with a used Murano and it's pushing 180Kmiles and the only issue has been a bad AC compressor. I had a friend who bought a Pathfinder against my warnings about the tranny and within a year I pulled into her driveway and there sat an Explorer. The tranny had started to hiccup and she ditched it! I hope you got a good one, enjoy!!!

20. Majestic9C1

Majestic9C1 You're Going to Love my Nuts

here are a few pics from earlier.. still havent dived into all the features this thing has..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

deputy tom and Joshhtn like this.