Got a new Gen 5 Glock 34

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ShipWreck, Sep 13, 2020.

1. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

Glock doesn't claim to have any 3.5# connectors. With stock U.S. springs, the minus connector claim is 4.4# in Gen 5s. I've never measured it.

2. OdinIII

OdinIII

They used to call them that. The same part number (721) as today. The image below is from a 1992 Armorer Manual. I have Glock boxes that say 3.5lb. 100% of people called the minus connector a 3.5 lb when I bought my first Glock because that’s what the factory called them. Many of my connectors were bought back then. Is it wrong to call them 3.5lb today?

[​IMG]

-JCN- likes this.

3. RJHUB

RJHUB

4. RJHUB

RJHUB

Great shooter with DPP. Went gold because of great deal.
    Did anyone else buy one of these from PSA?

5. Blades

Blades

Anybody carry their 34 daily?

MacMilly and Master Guns like this.
  6. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I tried carrying mine today after I shot it at the range. It fits fine in my G19 holster - it just sticks out the bottom.

It is fine walking with it. But when I sat in the car, the curved seat may the larger frame push into me uncomfortably on the bottom edge of my ribs. When I switch back to my G19, I am fine.

Blades likes this.
  7. Master Guns

Master Guns

The front serrations... that is so beyond over talked about. Move on.

8. bigbrother1984

bigbrother1984

Does it really offend you so much to hear another opinion? They make a cream for that.

TACLOAD likes this.
  9. homer j

homer j

Yes it does

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

ShipWreck likes this.
  10. OdinIII

OdinIII

It gets very old reading the same crap. We all know some of the current models have front serrations. Most new pistols of other makers are the same. If they don’t like them then why not go post on a forum where they actually like the pistols the manufacturer makes? You can buy most Glock models without front serrations and with metal sights. Is that not good enough?

I’m a firm believer that it has become cool to be anti this or that. I don’t understand it but here we are.

-JCN- and Papa glock like this.
  11. bigbrother1984

bigbrother1984

Don’t read it then. Move on until you find only things you agree with. A simple solution.

12. JBP55

JBP55

Glock and no one else ever never made a true 3.5# connector, they just misnamed the 4.5# connector.

13. Master Guns

Master Guns

It’s not even about that. How many times does the front serrations have to be beaten on.. that horse is so long dead. Move on from that one. That was so about a year ago. So many threads on it. Resurrect that one if you want to but stop it already. Nobody cares about it anymore.

ShipWreck and Papa glock like this.
  14. OdinIII

OdinIII

I have pistols with 3.5 lb connectors that break under 3.5 lbs. These connectors were bought when Glock called them 3.5 lb connectors. Am I allowed to call them 3.5 lb connectors?

-JCN- likes this.
  15. G19Gilly

G19Gilly

Regarding front serrations: I sometimes wonder if there are people in the marketing department saying "What if we make the same gun, but with front slide serrations? Then all of the [insert your favorite brand name here] collectors will have yet another model to buy". Speaking for myself, I collect G19's - so I'm game for any model 19 to add to my collection as long as it's different from the ones I already have.

16. G19Gilly

G19Gilly

Back to the 34MOS. Will it take a Vortex Venom on one of the plates? And what about the FastFire II or III?

17. Master Guns

Master Guns

No it’s not that. Many people like them. Great for press checks if you do that. I would say if someone is not going to buy a Glock based on serrations or no serrations was never serious about buying one anyway. I have both with and without. I like them personally.

MacMilly likes this.
  18. Couch000

Couch000

Yes, it should take a vortex venom. Have on my 45 MOS. It’s about to get replaced with an SRO. RIP venom. I’m not sure what footprint the BFF is but I’m sure there’s a plate for it.
    I would also recommend a plate from CHPWS for the MOS platform. I’ve heard of MOS plates failing and the CHPWS plates seem to correct all the downfalls of the stock plates.

19. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

I havent shot a 34, but to the OP nice pick up. Very nice firearm particularly in a time when the 320 xfive seems to be soaking up a lot of long barreled customers.

on the note of accuracy, my 19.5 makes it easy to hold good groups. I rented a gen 3 at the local range and I didnt shoot it as well. My 19.5 is easily on level with my CZ75. I firmly believe the new barrels have made a positive difference.

ShipWreck likes this.
  20. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Well, now I have a second G34.5 inbound.

I plan to leave 1 stock, and then customize the new one :)