GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
I bought a used 19 Gen 5 Ameriglo a couple weeks ago and like it so much I had to buy the updated Gen 5 FS without the half hole cut in handle.

These are so nice they need zero trigger upgrades or anything else, the trigger is a good update to the previous Gens.

By far my all time favorite Glock model just above the 43x and 19.4

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. I'm also a veteran (Army). I'd love to look into that Blue label program & get myself a new Glock at an affordable price. Could you or anyone include a link here? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Congrats on the new purchase. I'm also a veteran (Army). I'd love to look into that Blue label program & get myself a new Glock at an affordable price. Could you or anyone include a link here? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
https://us.glock.com/en/buy/blue-label-program

Search for a blue label dealer near you: https://us.glock.com/en/dealer-locator-usa

I’d call in advance and see what they have in stock for blue label guns.

From there, it was as simple as picking one out, furnishing a copy of my dd214, doing the background check, and making the purchase.

The inclusion of veterans in the program only runs through Veterans Day this year, so don’t put it off!

·
Beretta 92 Nut!
5,369 Posts
Yes, each blue label Glock can only sell guns to people who live in their state, or sometimes group of states. So, you will have to find one near you. If you google your state and blue label Glock dealer, I am sure you will find one pretty easily that way as well.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Congrats on a very good pistol. I picked up the FS myself about 6 months ago. $459 is a fair price for a new Glock with night sights so you did very well.
I don’t remember the price of the one with plastic sights, but I want to say it was either $399 or $429? I knew I was going to replace the stock plastic sights anyway. The difference in price was negligible enough that I didn’t think too hard about paying the difference.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I don’t remember the price of the one with plastic sights, but I want to say it was either $399 or $429? I knew I was going to replace the stock plastic sights anyway. The difference in price was negligible enough that I didn’t think too hard about paying the difference.
You did very well with the price you paid. And in the current climate it was a steal! I'm very tempted to put my G26.4 up for a trade to see if I can snag either another 19X or another G19.5FS.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You did very well with the price you paid. And in the current climate it was a steal! I'm very tempted to put my G26.4 up for a trade to see if I can snag either another 19X or another G19.5FS.
Funny you mention that.

I have a 26.4, great gun. But if I think about too hard, it really is redundant in my inventory (collection?). I’ve had thoughts of selling it and picking up an identical G19.5 as a backup.

The thing is, I’ve got a good supply of 10rd and 12rd mags for the 26, it can use the 15+rd mags, and I’ve got spare parts for it. It wouldn’t be a bad thing to just hang on to it.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Funny you mention that.

I have a 26.4, great gun. But if I think about too hard, it really is redundant in my inventory (collection?). I’ve had thoughts of selling it and picking up an identical G19.5 as a backup.

The thing is, I’ve got a good supply of 10rd and 12rd mags for the 26, it can use the 15+rd mags, and I’ve got spare parts for it. It wouldn’t be a bad thing to just hang on to it.
Yeah, it really is a hard decision. The G26, as you point out, is capable of using everything from 10 rounds and up. I have six G26 mags, five of them have the +2 extensions. And also a couple of Xgrips. And it's been a solid pistol. OTOH, a spare G19.5FS is also a good idea and I have plenty of mags for it as well. Only slightly less concealable but not enough of a difference to be concerned with. And ultimately, for me, I'd prefer no finger grooves.

I tossed it up on a couple of local B/S/T sites for grins. Either way I have a great pistol. :)

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Niceness. No front serrations on my G5
71FDEC31-25B0-431C-AA1F-9C2B1A60CD0C.jpeg

Reactions: yep380

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Niceness. No front serrations on my G5
View attachment 854538
That does look nice. The FS weren’t something I noticed or cared too much about. Can take em or leave em I guess. I did a couple of dry fires in the store and told em to box it up. The trigger is great! I have no desire to do anything to this gun other than run ammo through it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts