GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to Glock including Veterans in the Blue label program, I picked up this new G19 G5. Came with night sights pre-installed. Blue label pricing was $459, which I thought was pretty fair considering it had night sights pre-installed.

I've always been a fan of finger grooves, so I wasn't sure how I'd like the Gen 5 grip. Well, I love it. The G19 is the perfect grip for me. Drawn from an OWB holster, it lines up perfectly. I haven't done any timed drills with it, but I can tell it's going to be faster than my 26. The sights glow nicely in the dark and work well in the daylight.

First range trip out, I shot 100 rounds of federal 115gr FMJ, a box of 50 golden sabers, a mag of 124gr HST and even some of my powder coated cast lead reloads. Everything functioned perfectly running as it should, no jams or failures, just a nice break-in session without drama.
g1901.JPG
g1902.JPG
g1903.JPG
g1904.JPG
g1905.JPG

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Congrats! I have the Gen4 I had it for about ten years and love it but I might need a Gen5, lol.

Reactions: yep380

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Thank you for your service, I also buy mines Glock on the Blue Label Discount.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Congrats! I love buying Glocks....makes for a greay day! I bought 43X this week. Awesome.

G19 any generation fine pistol. My favorite is gen 5. Great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Good to go, thanks to Glock also for honoring our veterans.
I totally agree I did twenty-eight years and got out as a MSG I'm glad at least they are helping.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Thanks to Glock including Veterans in the Blue label program, I picked up this new G19 G5. Came with night sights pre-installed. Blue label pricing was $459, which I thought was pretty fair considering it had night sights pre-installed.

I've always been a fan of finger grooves, so I wasn't sure how I'd like the Gen 5 grip. Well, I love it. The G19 is the perfect grip for me. Drawn from an OWB holster, it lines up perfectly. I haven't done any timed drills with it, but I can tell it's going to be faster than my 26. The sights glow nicely in the dark and work well in the daylight.

First range trip out, I shot 100 rounds of federal 115gr FMJ, a box of 50 golden sabers, a mag of 124gr HST and even some of my powder coated cast lead reloads. Everything functioned perfectly running as it should, no jams or failures, just a nice break-in session without drama.
View attachment 853484 View attachment 853486 View attachment 853488 View attachment 853490 View attachment 853492
Congrats on a very good pistol. I picked up the FS myself about 6 months ago. $459 is a fair price for a new Glock with night sights so you did very well. For me, the finger grooves of the Gen 3/4 models never fit my hand well so I very much like the Gen 5. Reminds me of the Gen 2 I use to have but with better texturing on the grip. I like the FS as well and just have to give the pistol a big thumbs up all the way around. Enjoy it :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Nice! I have an early Gen 5 and a Gen 5 MOS. Both are excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice photos. these 19.5 are stellar guns. my buddy has one, what a sweet, sweet shooter.
$459 w. those AMERIGLO sites is about right. they are excellent sites. have them on my 43X.
I have to say that it really does shoot nicely. It’s the perfect size and it just felt solid while shooting, like it wanted to run.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts