close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

'got a Multilevel Marketing pitch, Team National, Alternatives?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Weimadog, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Weimadog

Weimadog NRA Member JPFO Millennium Member

I was given a presentation by two people representing Team National, a MLM company.

I have not joined up with them, and I am looking for alternatives to what they offer.

I usually dismiss a sales pitch when there is more emphasis on recruiting new members than promoting the product. The the two reps spent about half the time pitching the benefits of recruiting people, and having those people recruit more, etc.

From what I understand, TN offers various discounts at online retailers. Pay $800 for two years, they provide a web page with links to scores of companies. Click through that web page and buy something, the store you bought from will send a kickback to you, usually in the 7% to 10% range.
    The following is a link to one of their web pages. I don't recommend clicking any of the links on it. I just include it to show the companies and percentages.
    http://www.bign.com/bignmarketplace...stname=Hill&imdnum=824-63-491A&name2=&suffix=

I'd have to buy $10,000 worth of stuff through this system to just get to the break-even point.

Are there other companies offering such a kickback system, but which are not MLM? $800 to get into it seems like a lot of money.

2. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

3. Napalm561

Napalm561

Sounds like a basic "pyramid" scheme with the pitches about recruiting.
    I'd run as well.

4. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

5. Glenn129

Glenn129

There was a scam like this a while ago but it envolved their overpriced catalog. It took fools for a pile of $$$.

6. volky

volky NRA Member Millennium Member

Your chances are better with the lottery. :)

7. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

8. Weimadog

Weimadog NRA Member JPFO Millennium Member

The thing about this is, the kickbacks are from companies like Sears and Bass Pro Shop.

I am just looking for a way to get the 7% kickback from Bass Pro Shops, without paying the $800 for a membership.

9. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

Biggest problem with all of these MLM schemes is that after 6 months there is nobody (friends or family) that is interested in talking to you. I would really hate the idea that people will avoid me because of what I do for a living. I would much rather that it be my personality that is the problem.

10. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Did you notice all the people saying. "GO for it. I did and made big money" ???? Let that be a HINT.
    I just spent a week dealing with inlaws getting "took" by a similar scam. (fire mission) thread. I was calling half a dozen phone numbers. (only one was given by scam place) Looking up names/addresses/relations of those calling. The last I have official. The credit card is cancelled, the hold t hey put on (for 5 times the amount) is released. Wife must have called 20 times and I likely as many. (filled thier voice mails) They finally DID call back. and again.