Got A Mouse In The Truck!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

I was driving a Mitsubishi Fuso truck one night and had a mouse jump on my shoulder! I kept it together for the most part. We used sticky traps. It worked.

FullClip likes this.
  2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

3. Intolerant

Intolerant

HAAAAAAA, :animlol: i almost posted that wire tie trap one :laughing::cheers:

Capone and FullClip like this.
  4. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Back from town, and got a 4-pack of the old style Victor snap traps and two packs of the Tomcat glue traps for the truck tonight.

Will keep you posted.

I gotta go get the ice-skimmer from my ice-fishing basket and ladle out the little dead guys from the bucket traps and maybe add some more used anti-freeze to the buckets.

Note....don't use anti-freeze if you have dogs or cats around.

Intolerant and Inyo Tim like this.
  5. NoStress

NoStress

I have a pistol stashed in an old Ford truck I don't use much. It has been raining all summer so I went to check on it. A squirrel decided to stash a food supply all around it. I was lucky. He didn't chew up the leather holster and spare mag pouch and there was no rust from all the humidity. Jammed an old T shirt in the hole in the floor. Got to weld in a new floor pan when I get around to restoring it - some day. It is a pretty small hole but they are good at getting in thru pretty small holes. Up under the dash so I still have to make sure no wires got chewed up.

6. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Another vote for sticky traps. tom. :cowboy:

Intolerant and FullClip like this.
  7. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Sticky traps work well but I’ve seen just a leg on one. It chewed its leg off and escaped I guess. That’s bad ass.

Intolerant, Inyo Tim and FullClip like this.
  8. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

9. 303_enfield

303_enfield

More like one of its brothers had a snack. I was using the Tomcat rat glue traps (long ones) in the Sand Box. It caught a mouse one night an we left it so its buddies would try to help him out. Well a large rat or two ate him. They left the feet an tail.

Had a Cobra try to eat a rat in a glue trap. Finding a snake in your hooch with four glue traps stuck to its face is funny as h*ll till one of the guys sees the hood. Then you see the full size of it.

Baiting glue traps with Sunflower seeds makes them 50% better. Use bacon grease an it's 100% better.

Want to reuse the same one (glue traps) a few times? Pour some vegetable oil over the glue (use the large rat traps). Then you can pull the mouse out without harming it, use gloves. Then put it in your bait bucket an go fishing :D If you have rats don't use the oil. Big rats will get out.

If your dog or cat is dumb an gets a face full of glue trap, use the vegetable oil to get the trap off.

Good luck!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  10. FireGuy

FireGuy Into The Breach CLM

Discovered we had a mouse in our RAV4 while driving from Colorado to Phoenix last July. He spent the trip hiding in the back while our Yorkies stood guard in the back seat. Got to Phoenix late in the afternoon and let the dogs keep watch as I emptied the back of the car. The dogs were going wild as each bag came out, barking and sniffing at the floor mat. The mouse dashed out as I was pulling up the back mat. Must have been quite a shock when he hit the hot pavement and darted on two legs across the street! Both dogs got hot dog rewards that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

Intolerant, FullClip and Inyo Tim like this.
  11. FullClip

Well, two glue traps and a Victor snap trap untouched overnight.....will see what happens tonight. Hope that the mouse isn't logging onto GlockTalk and finding out what I'm up to with his sweet new home.

12. FullClip

Update for this morning....no luck. I even put some chocolate chip cookie crumbs on the sticky traps last evening. Doubt that the little bugger has moved out so will keep trying.

13. Intolerant

Intolerant

You`re onto something here! There may just be a RAT in GT and informing the mice!

Inyo Tim, FullClip and deputy tom like this.
  14. as400guy1

as400guy1

Don't give a mouse a cookie!!!

Joshhtn likes this.
  15. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Chocolate chip cookies get me every time.

Joshhtn, Inyo Tim and FullClip like this.
  16. papershoot

papershoot

I was able to take care of a rodent problem this morning. I had assumed that a .22 caliber air rifle, that can blow through 1/2" sheet of plywood, would be enough gun for a groundhog. A shot placed just behind the shoulder does not seem to slow one down. I believe the shot this morning hit the back of the head.
    [​IMG]

17. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

I'm tellin' ya, throw that pet squirrel in there...

20200923_174849.jpg

Inyo Tim, papershoot and FullClip like this.
  18. oldcop71

oldcop71

Went to change the cabin air filter on my 08 Impala earlier this year and found a mouse nest on the old filter...

Inyo Tim likes this.
  19. Bud0505

Bud0505

FullClip and Inyo Tim like this.
  20. rogn

rogn real dogs

I had one of the damn things build a nest in the aircleaner intake of my Impala. The engine ECU is placed ther to stay in the airflow for cooling. It chewed a couple of wire off the harness. One dead car. Luckinly I found a hint about the locaton and found the damage which was easily repaired. I put some chunks of Irish Spring in there. And since my P/U is used less I cut up a bar and placed it all around the engine compartment-----------They ate it!
    I've heard Downy fabric softener sheets work so Ive used it in my boats and so far it seems to have worked at keeping the vermin at bay.

FullClip and Inyo Tim like this.