GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Not to derail this thread or start a lube battle but do you have any issues with the grease getting gummed up and really nasty with high round count shooting sessions? I switched over to Ballistol recently and love how it cleans and protects while only requiring very little to actually lubricate.

I just got around to cleaning my first 21.3 which was a blue label gun and I assume police issued based on its character. It has an amazing trigger with a nice break but I noticed the internals of the lower were covered in grease. I thought, WTF? Who/how does grease get onto the connector bar and rails?
I can't speak to all lubes, but the Riggs seems to hold up really well. The training pistols, depending on the week, get from several hundred to several thousand put on them during the week. They generally don't get cleaned until the end of the week.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Not to derail this thread or start a lube battle but do you have any issues with the grease getting gummed up and really nasty with high round count shooting sessions? I switched over to Ballistol recently and love how it cleans and protects while only requiring very little to actually lubricate.

I just got around to cleaning my first 21.3 which was a blue label gun and I assume police issued based on its character. It has an amazing trigger with a nice break but I noticed the internals of the lower were covered in grease. I thought, WTF? Who/how does grease get onto the connector bar and rails?
On all my guns, along with Ballistol, I use Weapon Shield grease on the rails, hood and bullet feed ramp without problems. Weapon Shield gun oil on the barrel other areas of my guns.
I always clean the guns I use after a range visit.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have a Gen3 21sf and a Gen4 21. The Gen3 is my edc. It is accurate hard hitting and 100% reliable. Have never had a malfunction. While ever so often my G37 rides at my side. The G21 is here to stay.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I love my G21. Won it last year in GSSF. First time I shot it in a match, I won division champ in IDPA. Second time I shot it, I won another Glock in GSSF!

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
I like what another person said saying 'it's soft shooting for what it is'. 'Robust' was another term he used to describe the recoil. I agree with him. I wouldn't call the G21 or the G41 'soft' shooting, but they aren't breaking your wrists, either. I say this only because I wouldn't sell a friend one of my G41's, or a 21, FTM, and tell them 'it's soft'. I would say it's robust but still controllable with a little practice.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I like what another person said saying 'it's soft shooting for what it is'. 'Robust' was another term he used to describe the recoil. I agree with him. I wouldn't call the G21 or the G41 'soft' shooting, but they aren't breaking your wrists, either. I say this only because I wouldn't sell a friend one of my G41's, or a 21, FTM, and tell them 'it's soft'. I would say it's robust but still controllable with a little practice.
I haven't fired it yet. I would assume it's the same at least to the G30 recoil and a bit less than my Walther 45 PPQ M2.

·
In The Saddle
7,114 Posts
Very nice amigo. My first Glock was a G21 way back in the mid 90's. Good shooter.

CM
:horse:

Reactions: Rocks

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The G21 Gen4 is the only Glock I currently own, and IMHO is the "most bestest" Glock ever made. Even better with Trijicon HD sights.

That is, until the Gen 5 comes out... ;)

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
I haven't fired it yet. I would assume it's the same at least to the G30 recoil and a bit less than my Walther 45 PPQ M2.
I'd much rather shoot the 21 for fun instead of the 30. I'm not recoil sensitive but just being recoil critical. Like my lightweight commander, you have to hold on to the 30. The 21/41 doesn't require the Kungfoo grip of the 30 to reacquire the target, quickly. Don't get me wrong...you still have to hold on to the 21, but it just doesn't have the snap of the 30 IMO.

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,714 Posts
I had one for 10 years. over 6K rounds through it with not one single problem. I loved it and wish I still had it. I love the redcoil, it isn't flippy at all. I sure wish I hadn't sold it.
I wish you much happy shooting with it you are gonna love it.

Reactions: Rocks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Man! you guys must have Toobin hands I an 6'9" and 8 1/2" from wrist to middle finger, I thought the 21 was too big a grip for me, I sold it two years ago, but I do have two 30s' a41 and a 43X.
I carried a Colt Combat Commander (way before Glocks were around)off duty.
The 30s is my go to CC gun. I might be carrying the 41 after the election:flag:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts