1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
COLT Rail Gun 01980RG
Blackened Stainless Steel (Cerakote)
Model 0
National Match Barrel

I definitely like to have on my duty rig the 9mm G34 with fixed Trijicons plus three spare 17-rd mags of Federal 147-HSTs and the TLR-1 light. That's a LOT of comforting ammunition when my nearest backup is a LONG way away.

I carried for several years a great 1911A1 Series 70 with three extra 7-rd mags of Winchester RA45T and loved it, but it couldn't accommodate a weapon light so I reverted back to the G34.

Now with a Colt Rail Gun I might again run a 1911 with a TLR-1. I'll run it after shooting the effin' crap out of it.

Just brought it home an couple hours ago. Seems really nice.

· Banned
1,694 Posts
COLT Rail Gun 01980RG
Blackened Stainless Steel (Cerakote)
Model 0
National Match Barrel

I definitely like to have on my duty rig the 9mm G34 with fixed Trijicons plus three spare 17-rd mags of Federal 147-HSTs and the TLR-1 light. That's a LOT of comforting ammunition when my nearest backup is a LONG way away.

I carried for several years a great 1911A1 Series 70 with three extra 7-rd mags of Winchester RA45T and loved it, but it couldn't accommodate a weapon light so I reverted back to the G34.

Now with a Colt Rail Gun I might again run a 1911 with a TLR-1. I'll run it after shooting the effin' crap out of it.

Just brought it home an couple hours ago. Seems really nice.
I have the exact same pistol, they are very nice, mine is the best fit Colt 1911 I have ever owned, and I have owned them all!

8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. Here's what a stainless Cerakoted 1911 Colt looks like:

See... no big WOW factor. ;)

Inexplicably (to me) the laminated grip panels are cut for a magwell. It's not such a bad idea if some buyers plan to install a magwell after purchase but I think it is a bit "off" nonetheless.

Thanks for looking!

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Very nice pistol. Let us know if you do use it for work.

Like these? Best I could do with what I have.

I think it's pretty eff'd up that the grips were so poorly done re: the diamonds and the screw centering. Don't you agree bac1023?
Too bad they are like that, but if that's the only thing you aren't happy with, it's certainly an easy fix. :)

8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice pistol.
Thank You.

Really, "Thank You" to everyone who said something nice.

Let us know if you do use it for work. Too bad they are like that, but if that's the only thing you aren't happy with, it's certainly an easy fix. :)
Carried a 1911 at work for years and switched out only because I wanted to be part of the trend for having a WML (I work nights). I was really glad to have a G34 and a WML and with a new Safariland holster I was in bidnezz as far as carrying a pistol with a light. But I've always missed the ol' 1911 even though a G21 would make infinitely more sense if I were going to be truly practical about it.

So, yeah I'm going to get qual'd with this ASAP and after shooting it a bunch it's going to ride with me. Got a duty holster on the way for it.

· Registered
14,053 Posts
Shmexy pistola, my friend!

Agreed, the grips are a bummer. Oh well, it's an excuse to swap them out and "personalize" your blaster.

· Registered
28 Posts
Ive been running a two tone rail gun for duty for 3 years. I love it. I put a Heinie rear sight, Novak front night sight, S/A mag well and STI ambi safety on it when I got it. Recently, I had to replace the slide release and ejector. Both of those parts broken in seperate range session at around the 12,000 round count. Its not my most accurate 1911, but hands down my most reliable. I run Wilson 47D's for work, but use CMC, Kimber, SA and Colt mags for range work with no issues. Very good gun.

· Registered
1,229 Posts
Depending on your Dept rules, you should be able to run a Bianchi accumold Glock 21/20 open top mag holder with 4 10rd magazines. When you pull one out, the other 'should' stay put, even in a foot pursuit.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.