Got a 19M with DLC internals, FBI spec, unfired

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Mr Meeseeks, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Gordo-L

Gordo-L

New member, second post...

One thing I have noticed about the "blue label" M's compared to the red label Lipsey's versions (I own a 17M & 19M myself), is that per the FBI RFP, those pistols have "USA" on the slide, not "AUSTRIA", which makes the picture up top unusual. This is due to the restriction on foreign purchases in the FBI's RFP. The Lipsey's PM195033 & PM175033 are definitely Austrian made.

Additionally, since there is so much excitement over the nDLC trigger bar and connector, it's interesting that the RFP does not specifically request this, only that the parts are corrosion resistant. Will definitely like to know how it morphed in to that between Glock and the Bureau.
    Internal finish.jpg

2. glack11

glack11

Gordo,

After speaking with Glock it appears as though the M series that were manufactured in Austria were prototypes.

Its difficult though as they are right lipped and you never get the same answer twice.

My 19M was manufactured 6 years ago so it seems plausible that it was a prototype.

3. Gordo-L

Gordo-L

That could be the case for sure, thanks. I was just down in Smyrna last week and tried to dig up some 'M' info but didn't have much luck. Unfortunately, I totally forgot to inquire as to the manufacture dates of mine since I was curious, but I can call sometime in the near future if I think about it.

Also, both my M's have "5" on the barrel hood, not "M", but I imagine that has been a steady consensus with those of us that acquired the Lipsey's models. Speaking of which, had a local dealer contact Lipseys' recently, and even though they do (or did) show the M's on their site, they no longer have any and are not expected to get more. If you want one, it's going to be through private sale.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  4. glack11

glack11

Gordo,

My 19M has M stamped on the barrel but my 17 does not. Neither are lipseys and both have the ndlc internals.

At some point the full story will come out. Hopefully it’s sooner rather than later.

5. Toocool45

Toocool45

Glack11 have you shot that 19M or not. Thats pretty cool. Being that old.

6. glack11

glack11

Toocool45 I have not **** either and have no plans to.

7. Gordo-L

Gordo-L

Finally got motivated to inquire about the manufacture dates of both of mine. They are relatively new for sure, which did surprise me. With the non-beveled dust cover, I figured all of them would be at least a couple years old, but not the case.

17M - s/n BENSxxx, 09/2019
    19M - s/n BENYxxx, 11/2019

8. Toocool45

Toocool45

I would not either. I think their pretty rare. Pretty valueable too. I too had a line on a glock employee 19M just before the lipseys release. But the deal fell through. Being its that old its the real deal? Right?

9. glack11

glack11

Toocool45 if you are looking for a legit M I’d first check the following: barrel stamped with “M”, nDLC internals, trigger break graph and a parts list it shipped with.

it is my understanding that unless it either shipped to Quantico or was a prototype it will not have nDLC.

10. 58sniper

58sniper Silver Member

Not all of the guns with nDLC internals and M barrels will have the trigger graph and parts list with them.

peanuts2018, Jayman28 and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  11. Toocool45

Toocool45

Ive read about the different make up for the M series guns. Knew about the M arked barrels. And the ndlc internals. Found out about the trigger graph a couple weeks ago. Thanks for giving me more input on the "M"s. Always want to learn, then if i see one ill know.

peanuts2018 likes this.