close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gorilla Proof Airline Pistol Case

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well folks I am here to say that "Bubba The Gorilla" is alive and well and works as an Airline baggage handler. Just returned from the Vegas match and found that I apparently purchased a "One Time Use" pistol case for the trip. My Glocks were not damaged but I don't have the guts to reuse this case. Although it was locked inside another suite case it wont handle another trip.

So any suggestions as to a good quality Aluminum Lockable Pistol Case that is Airline approved and will hold a 17L with PDP5 and a stock 37. One "Bubba The Gorilla" wont bust open. ;f ;f ;f ;c ;c ;c

2. ghostwn

ghostwn Ghost Member

Try the Pelican brand of cases....Pelican protector carrying and shipping cases are unbreakable, watertight to a depth of 30 feet, airtight, dustproof, corrosion proof with a lifetime guarantee of excellence. These cases are highly resistant to chemical attack, and are built to perform in the most severe conditions. Used by the US Military, Police and Fire Departments, Search and Rescue, and US Navy Seal Teams Worldwide.

http://www.caseclub.com/pelican.htm?source=overture

;f

3. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Don,
    Tell us, what kind of shape did the suitcase wind up in? Surely whatever happened to the pistol case, happened to the suitcase? Or maybe it just "accidentally" fell out of the suitcase into the gorilla cage but fortunately for you, some very brave baggage handler rescued it, just in time? ;Q Yeah, right. Sounds like they tried to get it to just accidentally open up, just in case, then it would have been finders keepers, losers weepers. I am glad for you that it did stay closed. Score one for the good guys. Really, though, does anyone have any idea how this could have happened? Any experienced baggage handlers have another side to this story? I just can't see it being anything but an attempt to steal this gun.
    See you in Carrolton Don?
    MLM

4. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

I used to put a lockable pistol case inside another piece of luggage. But if the pistol case were to "fall out" they would not track it along with the bigger case. I have started using a large Pelican case with a couple of big locks.

I usually buy $10 of extra insurance. (usually runs $10 per $1000). Doing this tThey treat the case better. Usually hand-carry it back to baggage instead of just throwing it on the conveyor. On the other end, they often keep it in the baggage office where I pick it up. Nobody running off with my stuff.

5. elfjr

elfjr

I vote for pelican too. I'm a whitewater guide and I use these cases over 150 days a year and it will keep your guns in great shape. I have had these cases straped on the front and rear of the raft and smashed into rocks VERY VERY hard and they didn't even come close to breaking. I also Have one I keep my glock in. They don't leak either. Keeps everything nice and dry. We keep our Radios and First Aid kits in one. If that stuff gets wet we are screwed, but it stays dry. Also they have a lifetime warranty. Once I broke the handle off of mine (my fault due to serious misuse) I took it back to the place i got it and got a brand new one free. Now that I know I can get them thru my company I get a big fat discount.;f

6. GJM89

GJM89

We sell Pelican's in our store and there none better. Weve had laptops dropped and thrown out of box trucks with no damage to the computer. The large size with the wheels and retractable handle is the only way to fly.

7. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Well Well Well, the wimps from the north who would not get out for the Jacksonville match. What happened did it warm up just alittle so you could type?;e All you had to do was get in the car and point it south and keep driving. It was bound to warm up sooner or later. We missed you guys!!!!! How about Orlando???? Hummmmm!! Are you folks going to come south????

Pharaoh;c ;c

8. GJM89

GJM89

Taunting is not a nice thing, hope your not sorry when we finally show:cool: :cool: :cool: ;Q ;Q ;Q

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Glenn, they only pick on you cause they love you buddy. :) Well they like you a lot anyway. ;f