GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Got three. One gopher and one vole with a Crossman 1322. One vole on the other side of the driveway with a smoke bomb.

CE612999-39C1-44E1-8F1B-92F38B9F634D.jpeg

I don’t think they are done yet.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I’m under siege!

View attachment 852008

This is just a couple days work for the little monsters. Mostly false starts and shallow tunnels but I found three deep ones. It has to be in one of them. Traps set, your move.
You don’t have gophers. They dump their tailings in a fan shaped mound.
Moles or voles? We don’t have either here in Kalifornia, can’t help with that. Get a carcas, otherwise it’s not a confirmed kill. Trust me, you want a body count.
I’ve whacked probably 40 in that last 5 years. The dead ones don’t come back to haunt you, but the suspected dead ones always do. When you really whack 'em, the annual count goes way down. Only 4 this year for me.

YMMV

Ed

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
You don’t have gophers. They dump their tailings in a fan shaped mound.
Moles or voles? We don’t have either here in Kalifornia, can’t help with that. Get a carcas, otherwise it’s not a confirmed kill. Trust me, you want a body count.
I’ve whacked probably 40 in that last 5 years. The dead ones don’t come back to haunt you, but the suspected dead ones always do. When you really whack 'em, the annual count goes way down. Only 4 this year for me.

YMMV

Ed
That photo was after I had disturbed the mounds. I had used a shop vac to clean up the mounds and expose all the holes.

So far one Pocket Gopher and one Vole in that area. Both killed with a pellet gun. Confirmed kills and dumped in the trash. I have had both before but never in the same area at the same time.

Confirmed another vole on the other side of the yard with a smoke bomb.

The city is replacing sidewalks down the street. I think they are displacing the critters and they are moving into our area.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Fence in the front yard and release the HOUNDS
Would T-posts and tensabarrier hold the hounds? Because that is an easy temporary fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 47 of 47 Posts