GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I gas them out with propane, I run a hose down a hole attached to a 20 lb propane bottle and let the gas out very slowly. Propane is heavier than air and it will seep down in to the area's where they bear children and live. Does not take long for them to suffocate.

·
Venor ergo sum
3,293 Posts
Dump some of these in the yard.... No more Gophers! ha.
It's natural here. They (rattlers) are "everywhere" literally. Not so many gophers though. haha.

CM
:horse:

View attachment 852154
I could have a field day with my SR22 on those things.

Reactions: CanyonMan

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Reactions: 1bigK and FullClip

·
In The Saddle
7,116 Posts
CanyonMan, those look like targets to me.

LOL.. They are! Long slinky targets. Trust me, we kill everyone of them we see. If your NOT a rattler, your safe out here. If you are, you expire! haha.

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
I gas them out with propane, I run a hose down a hole attached to a 20 lb propane bottle and let the gas out very slowly. Propane is heavier than air and it will seep down in to the area's where they bear children and live. Does not take long for them to suffocate.
This. I’ve had luck with smoke bomb things made for rodents.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
are u sure those are not caused by those grub eating moles?

I had moles, and the best cure was to kill the grubs with diazinon granules. They left when there was no food. And when that became hard to find, I tried all sorts of traps, and in the end, the most effective was a sand wedge. Just thump on where the tunnel was moving and extract the dead vermin.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
No gophers, but plenty of moles. If I blew up my yard, it would not look much more torn up than it is now. And, yes, I've considered it.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I don't think that's gopher damage. Looks more like moles. Maybe armadillos.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My "GO TO" for gophers is to open up a fresh hole, insert a burning "road flare", close it back up and let the gases do the work for you.

Reactions: Batesmotel

·
Registered
23,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We don’t get many moles here. Too cold. We get little pocket gophers and voles. I saw it last night. It’s another vole. I hate voles. They seem harder to trap. Gophers walk right over the trap to plug the hole I cut into the tunnel. Voles plug the tunnel and go another way.

If all else fails I’ll just rototill the whole thing. I’m redoing that part of the yard next year anyway.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts