GOP pollster Luntz blasts Trump campaign as worst he's ever seen

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by czsmithGT, Oct 20, 2020.

1. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I know a lot of people dismiss Luntz, but I actually agree with him. I think the guys who have run the Trump campaign are idiots.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...-blasts-trump-campaign-as-worst-hes-ever-seen

Prominent Republican pollster Frank Luntz blasted President Trump and his campaign on Tuesday for focusing on Hunter Biden in the stretch run to Election Day, calling Trump’s campaign the worst he’s ever seen and saying the president’s advisers should be “brought up on charges of political malpractice.”

Speaking at a briefing for the British strategic advising company Global Counsel, Luntz said Trump’s advisers have “their heads up their asses” if they think Hunter Biden will be a winning issue for them.

“I’ve never seen a campaign more mis-calibrated than the Trump campaign. Frankly, his staff ought to be brought up on charges of political malpractice,” Luntz said.

“It is the worst campaign I’ve ever seen and I’ve been watching them since 1980. They’re on the wrong issues. They’re on the wrong message. They’ve got their heads up their assess…Your damn job is to get your candidate to talk about things that are relevant to the people you need to reach. And if you can’t do your damn job then get out.”

The Trump campaign has been running ads and holding daily briefings to draw attention to allegations that Hunter Biden sought to profit off his father’s political connections.

Trump on Tuesday called on Attorney General William Barr to investigate Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s son before Election Day.

“We have got to get the attorney general to act,” Trump said, pointing to a story about Hunter Biden’s business dealings in the New York Post. “He’s got to act and he’s got to act fast.”

Regardless, Luntz, who was once the pollster for former Speaker Newt Gingrich, pointed to polls showing the economy and coronavirus are the issues voters care most about.

“Nobody cares about Hunter Biden…why is [Trump] spending all his time on him?,” Luntz asked. “Hunter Biden does not help put food on the table. Hunter Biden does not help anyone get a job. Hunter Biden does not provide health care or solve COVID. And Donald Trump spends all of his time focused on that and nobody cares.”

Luntz said that his focus groups revealed that Trump lost the first debate badly to Biden, tipping a substantial number of undecided voters into the Democratic nominee’s column.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  2. B C

B C

Joe Biden called a "lid" on his campaign over half the days in September and will be in hiding out for 3 days prior to this debate. Doing no events. The events he has done have been jokes with a couple people in circles or sitting in their cars. That's the worst campaign I've ever seen because the candidate is absent from the campaign.

I do agree economy should be the #1 focus and Trump has been echoing that even more. Just saw a great Trump ad using stats from below. I also think Trump needs to stress that Joe Biden will call for another nationwide lock down. Which would destroy this country economically. But when you're at a rally speaking for over an hour, you need some fire and ammo. Hunter Biden and his emails are this years Hillary emails. The Democrats back in 2016 said no body cares about them, and they were wrong. People were concerned about her corruption and they should be about Joe's too.

https://fee.org/articles/new-stanfo...astating-economic-consequences/#disqus_thread

upload_2020-10-20_13-45-49.png

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020

3. Taz

Taz

All nations and peoples eventually get what they deserve. If this nation thinks Harris is the path forward then tough **** I guess.

DonGlock26 and Ranger357 like this.
  4. Fortunate Son

Fortunate Son

Frank, only Fox is stupid enough to pay you, Trump is smart enough not too.

Can I prove Fox News is stupid? Easy!
    Donna Brazile. Enough said.

5. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

I don't like Luntz. But I agree that Trump's run a lousy campaign. He's all over the place. Not focused. Should be hammering Harris. Overreaches on personal attacks. Doesn't explain the economy well enough.
    I could go on. I hope he wins but to say I'm disappointed in the way his campaign has been run is an understatement. The Democrats have done literally nothing. They picked a horrible candidate and an even worse Vice Presidential candidate and haven't campaigned at all and could still win this thing?
    Are you kidding me????

6. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Aside from being senile, I think Biden "put a lid" on his campaign because he and his handlers believe he has an insurmountable lead and don't want to do anything to screw that up. I guess that is the smart strategy for him. Trump, on the other hand, needs to give the women who seem to hate him but are not big Biden fans a reason to go out and vote for Trump. All his campaign seems to be doing at this point is playing to his base, who will vote for him regardless. That is not enough to win the election.

Lockback likes this.
  7. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

Luntz is a never Trumper. Got 2016 wrong.

8. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

That is the way I see it right now. Instead of laser focusing on all the good things he has accomplished, Trump spend too much time crying about how he is being mistreated and everyone is out to get him and his opponent is senile and a crook. That doesn't win people over.

Lockback likes this.
  9. Pythonman

Pythonman

Oohh yaaaa? I’ll raise you one Chris Stirewalt!

10. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

My best friend and I had this discussion months ago. (Both of us are Trump supporters.)
    Our biggest concern was that, given Trump's personality, he would overplay his hand on Biden's dementia and render Joe a sympathetic figure. Well, he's done exactly that.
    And he's also not attacking Kamala Harris the way he should. She's going to become President and she's a horrible candidate with really high negative poll numbers.
    HAMMER HER.

czsmithGT likes this.
  11. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

Stirewalt another piece of work.

Fortunate Son, HALO51 and Pythonman like this.
  12. Jud325

Jud325

This Frank Luntz?

[​IMG]
    Frank Luntz
    @FrankLuntz

I have known
    @SteveScully
    for more than 20 years. He is 100% honest and ethical. He is 100% unbiased. He is the right person to host this debate at this time, because he will hold both candidates accountable.

Agonizer, mjmac, Bring_it! and 6 others like this.
  13. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

The next two weeks he should focus on the economy, the energy industry, resisting China, COVID vaccines in the works (though please don't say they'll be out next month...) and minority opportunities.

Then point out Dems will raise taxes, take guns, ban ALL private (employer) health insurance and bring the Green New Deal (the Green Death).

"Hey if you want to destroy your lives, your retirement, your families' futures, fine: vote for Biden and the Democrats. It's going to be your country. Doesn't matter to me, I'm rich, and I'm old. I'll be fine whatever you choose. And then I won't be around to watch it all fall apart if you've made the wrong choice."

Take a jab at Biden / Hunter now and then, but couch it in terms of foreign policy, Biden being compromised/anti-American. But make that a side-show.

TGT, czsmithGT and agtman like this.
  14. peng

peng

ExecutiveWill, jr24 and agtman like this.
  15. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

16. 1cm

1cm

Apparently he has not seen Biden's campaign, but then, nobody else has either.

17. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

I remember seeing bits on Fox back in 2016 about how terrible Trump's campaign was. They would show a little office, hardly anyone in it, no ground game, and they'd say he had no chance to win. And, that was with zero experience and against Billary, the anointed one.

This time he's got experience, he's running against a much worse candidate and he's filling up his rallies everywhere he goes.

And, of course, all of that means nothing. :animlol:But, to me it seems like he's got a better shot this time than last time and and last time he had an electoral college blowout.

Bottom line, we'll see in a few weeks.

ChuteTheMall and Fortunate Son like this.
  18. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

I think he misspelled his last name. It's a "C".

Rotn1, BobbyS and Sherlock913 like this.
  19. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Media-tool Luntz wants to help the media cover up Biden's high crimes.
    He wants a career in the media and a date with Megyn Kelley.

20. Jon_R

Jon_R

I have not been happy with his campaign either. I will still vote for him and have to see how it plays out.

for example when attacked on the “preparedness” of the county for the pandemic. I have been here a few years. My opponent has been here 40+ years 8 years as a Vice President what did he do to prepare this country for what he says is a huge threat and tragedy for the country. Now he has a plan?

Officer's Match and Jade Falcon like this.