close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GOOGLE Voice?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by knite7, Mar 8, 2012.

1. knite7

knite7

I am cleaning out my garage, safe, office, etc. and will list a variety of items on Craiglst and gun boards for sale. Someone suggested that I obtain a GOOGLE Voice phone number that will forward the calls to my home or cell phone.
    Right now, for example, if one does a reverse search on my home number, the return says "... here there be guns; please rob me"! OR eliminate those text messages that guarantee a larger *****.
    Another perceived advantage is that the GOOGLE number can be cancelled at any time and avoid those calls from a long gone 3 mo. old listing.
    So, my questions are twofold:
    1) Am I really securing my privacy on local boards, but giving up my contact information to GOOGLE for their marketing?
    2) Does anyone have any experience with GOOGLE Voice that they would care to share?
    Thanks

2. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    I believe you can also change your Google Voice number by request (after said sales).

I've used Google Voice and haven't been spammed either with phone calls, emails, or snail mail.

3. Breadman03

Breadman03

I use it for everything and am very happy with it. One perk is being able to easily view voicemail online. If you want to call someone who uses it, send a PM.

4. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

It works great! Seriously, and it is F R E E.

It costs $10 to change your number. I've listed stuff on Craigslist, and really after the sales, I never heard from anybody. It is really good, I use my GV number as my cell phone number. I have another one I use as a house phone through a gadget. It is truly an amazing service for free...it would actually be worth paying for if you had to.

5. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

They charge you no money, but it is not free.