Google Maps tracks everywhere you go. Here’s how to automatically delete what it stores

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Dec 7, 2019.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  2. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

That **** knows where you're going based on your daily habits too...

every day when I head to work, it's like:" 15 minutes to near poplar ave, traffic is medium." When I leave work, it tells me something like:" 14 minutes to San Augustine Lane, traffic is light"

glock1097, TScottW99 and TBO like this.

3. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

4. El Pistolero

El Pistolero bene vivere Silver Member

7,850 ft up in the New Mexico Rocky Mountains
    I learn something new almost every day. Appropriate settings applied. Many thanks.

MrGlock21, BengalBacker and TBO like this.
  5. cbetts1

cbetts1

They still have the data. They don't keep it for nothing.

treg, DoubleWide and larry_minn like this.
  6. Benchrst

Benchrst Ban Hamster

Location history was off by default

7. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I could care less if Big Brother knows where I go, I haven’t had a thought crime in years... :)

8. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

So you do care some...

OV1kenobi and JohnnyE like this.
  9. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Nope, not a bit.

ESL?

10. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

Trust me they still track it. Android auto pulled up some stuff that was supposedly gone.

11. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

Oh Lord, then they know I frequent Wal-Mart. Probably kills my credit rating . But then again no annoying ads from Tiffanys.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

glock1097, TScottW99 and WeeWilly like this.
  12. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

If you think it’s actually “deleted”

I’ve got a timeshare opportunity for you

glock1097, TScottW99 and treg like this.
  13. DAKA

DAKA

You don't GET IT..THERE IS NO LONGER ANY PRIVACY. And that "stuff" is all in "storage' somewhere and i don't think there is any way to DELETE IT .. EVER ...

glock1097 likes this.
  14. Z71bill

Z71bill

Saying you don't care about privacy because you have not done anything wrong -

is like saying you don't care about the First amendment because you don't have anything to say.

If we don't protect out rights they will be lost - once lost they are gone forever.

I read Facebook is trying to get a patent for a software program that predicts where you will be at a future time.

If they track you long enough they can use the data to predict the future -

It is pretty easy to see a big part of it - you work a job you will be at the same place every weekday - you pick up your kids from school at the same time - meet up with your buddy at the local bar - go to the range every 3RD Wednesday.

Some people are sure that in the not so distant future artificial intelligence will know more about you than you do -

Hop - skip - jump -

Welcome to the pre-crime thought police future. It's for your own safety so it is all good.

15. Gfive45

Gfive45

Too little too late...

Joebiker, glock1097 and DAKA like this.
  16. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

Digital privacy is tough...

I use 7-8 devices daily that track my habits, location, etc. Maybe more, disabling their ability to do so is likely not possible and certainly not probable. Your thermostat, smart TV, phone, tablet, computer, car, maybe even your appliances if they are new and high end. Now add to that Facebook, Google programs, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram type applications that are partially populated by the user...and frequent shopper/membership cards used at specific locations in exchange for a menial discount that allow merchants to build a profile for you.

For digital privacy you would have to throw it all away...move...get a new job...convince people you know not to link you or post about you on any social media platform...buy a much older vehicle...pay cash only...do not bank online or pay any bills online...and watch only over the air TV.

I prefer to bombard them with the boring reality of my life. I work, I go home, I shop at the same grocery store and buy the same stuff, etc etc. I figure most data is managed like everything else. Pay attention to the outliers and ignore the noise in the middle. I am definitely in the boring middle.

I also look at it like this... the Naval Base shooter hosted an “active shooter party” where the attendees sat around and watched active shooter videos. He was part of a larger group of people who had an open interest in that subject and I bet it will come out shortly that people had raised concerns about his comments or actions prior to the shooting... and nothing happened. If a foreign flight student from a country that has a concerning reputation with respect to foreign flight students on a Navy base can do that and not cause big brother to spring into action and prevent a tragedy...there may not be a big brother. Maybe it’s just too much information to manage. They only missed a couple hundred glowing red flags last week.

17. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

I watched the Edward Snowden (traitor) interview on Joe Rogan. And he said there is nothing you can do with modern phones to stop it. You can’t even remove the battery so it’s always on. He doesn’t even try. The best you can do is get a flip phone with a detachable battery.

18. DAKA

DAKA

You'd have to change your name (still traceable) Your Social Security # (not possible) Your DOB (?).. and move off the grid.....Is it possible ? NO

19. TScottW99

TScottW99 Bird Catcher

If you’re worried about your privacy loose the cell phone, new vehicle and any other electronic device you carry.

powernoodle likes this.
  20. uhlawpup

uhlawpup l'Italia s'è desta

Mine is, too. I guess I’m so boring it decided that tracking me wasn’t worth the effort.

Benchrst and Flags like this.