Google Chrome...whoa

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by chris in va, Mar 15, 2010.

1. chris in va

chris in va

I've been struggling with IEx for years, and lately it just wasn't working right so I switched to Firefox. Did decently enough for a number of months, then up pops the 3.6 upgrade. Baaaaad idea. Nothing but crashes and Backdoor worms.

So today I decided to try Chrome. Holy cow is this thing fast! All my pages load in 1/10th the time they used to, even if flash ads were running. It's like I have a whole new computer!

Anything I need to know about the browser so it doesn't crap the can like the others?

2. rscottk90

rscottk90

My pc likes firefox, i havnt upped it to 3.6 yet, and sounds like i wont. I liked chrome, very good browser. Chrome will load sections of webpages from top to bottom in order, instead of trying to load the whole page at once. Thats what makes it seem to load faster. I used it for a long time but i found that my pc like firefox more than any other.

3. chris in va

chris in va

Ah so that's what it is. By the time I've scrolled down to the bottom, everything is loaded so it seems a lot faster. Yes, steer clear of 3.6 until they work the bugs out. That Backdoor.bot is very nasty.

4. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Not much. Firefox started fast like this (but not quite this fast), but suffered from feature bloat. Add-ons and other cool (and really useful) stuff only made it worse.

Just use it and go. I'm on the public beta for Macs, and I've crashed it a couple times, but it still kept all my pages, and if there's a problem with one page it'll offer to kill that page rather than let the whole program crash. It's a pretty robust piece of software.

5. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Firefox works great but I do not know what version I have. I will have to check. I am writing this post from my iPhone.

6. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

I downloaded Chrome because of all the hype, but I never use it because I can't log in to GT. It just keeps taking me back to the log in screen. I've looked under options but can't imagine how to fix this problem that renders it useless.

7. xtreme99

xtreme99 What's a Glock?

Im on Chrome right now. By far the best browser out there... but I may be biased. Anything I can use that involves google, I will. Gmail, Chrome, Maps, Yellow Pages, and even Android on my cell phone.

Google wins over all others.

8. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

There's one login section here that I can NEVER get to work for me, regardless what browser I use.

9. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

I worry that one day Google will take over the world and enslave us all, but until they do I'm right there with you.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  10. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

I used Firefox for years, and I've been using Chrome since it was released. Much better, imo.

And Davegrave, click on forums (on the right side of the page), and then log-in. If that doesn't work, try logging in twice. If I try to log on from the main page it gives me a 404 message, however if I log in again it works, or if I go to the forums page it works. Try that...

-Cody

11. bluenoise

bluenoise

I had that problem, too, but I found I was able to consistently log in via the User CP link to the right of the page.

12. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Yessir.

13. Orion's Belt

Orion's Belt Boost Addict

I love Chrome; using it right now. I couldn't stand how slow IE was and hated Firefox with a passion, so I gave Chrome a try. Man, am I glad I did.

Note: I also tried the latest Opera and Safari. Opera I did not like, Safari is fast and similar to Chrome; it's decent.

14. thesid

thesid XenomorphHunter

Chrome rocks!:cool:

15. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I have Chrome and it is ok but I use Firefox mostly. I have never liked IEX at all.

16. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

I use Opera these days, gave up on FireFox. Only problem is I can't update the blog with Opera, but I still like it.

17. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

18. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Google is skynet!

19. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

20. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Yeah, I like Chrome. Nickel is also really nice.