close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Google Chrome vs Firefox!

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Feb 27, 2010.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

I am really liking Google Chrome and I found something it does that FF don't. When you start a thread Chrome will spell check words in the thread title and FF won't. Now that's not a big deal if you can:supergrin: spell, but for folk like me that cant spell far out man:thumbsup:

2. Glacken

Glacken

I have many sites boolmarked....Chrome is impractical when there are many sites.

3. Weiser 878

Weiser 878 R O C K E R

4. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

They both have their advantages. Firefox is also a better testing environment for websites and web applications because of the developer tools you can get that work with it.

I'd keep Chrome if, for no other reason, just because it's so blisteringly fast by comparison.

5. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Chrome is great. Have a twitter, facebook and gmail extensions, and it really makes it perfect. The new tab homepage is just genius.

6. BEER

BEER bad example

now that the netflix browser plug gin works with chrome i've switched over to chrome 100% for all my surfing needs.

i've tried firefox on 3 different occasions over the years and it never really impressed me.

7. hardlined

hardlined 10mm Addict

I love Chrome, once they releases extensions I switched over fulltime. I will admit though th e way chrome handles bookmarks is kinda meh.

8. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

The IE tab extension is a great addon too cause there are still a few pages that only work with IE.

9. MetalSlugIV

MetalSlugIV

I use firefox most of the time. I have Chrome but it is a huge memory hog. It creates a new instance of itself with every tab you open. Which makes it super fast but you better not be trying to do anything else that is memory intensive. What I really want to give a try is Google's Chrome OS. I like tinkering with operating systems.

10. ENDOtactical

ENDOtactical

chrome is awesome but I don't use it for blogging because whenever i hit "safe draft" or "publish" it hangs :(

11. Nords

Nords

I have always hated FF. I even will install it once every year or 2 just to see if new versions suck less.

They don't.

But once I tried chrome, I fell in love. So easy/quick and the spell check is extremely handy. URL predictive and searching is also extremely nice. I just type "fin" into the url bar and it auto-completes to google finance because it knows I want to go there.

12. minderasr

minderasr NRA Life Member

Firefox has spell check too. Ever see words underlined in red when you're responding to a post? Right click on them for alternatives to your misspelling.

13. okie

okie GT Mayor

It does have spell check, but not in the thread title my friend:supergrin::wavey: