close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Goodbye NRA, Hello GOA.

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by TN.Frank, Oct 9, 2017.

1. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Liberty or Death

Dumping my membership to the NRA(they want a letter, LOL) and signed up for a Gun Owners of America Membership this morning. I think the GOA is a much better Pro-2A group than the NRA ever though about being. I hope ya'll do the same and let's make the GOA America's premium Gun Rights Group.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySdru1NEIw

crockett, Grumpy_old_man and nursetim like this.
  2. federali

federali

Membership is a matter of personal preference. I feel that if it weren't for the NRA, we would have been disarmed decades ago so I owe them my loyalty. I became a life member way back when I had to pay it off in installments.

Lee Elliott, gml991, kd4jvg and 13 others like this.

3. Jammersix

Jammersix

There is no chance that I will join the NRA as long as Ted Nugent is on the board of directors.

AFONE, Glockbug, clancy and 2 others like this.
  4. Turn4811

Turn4811

I salute your decision Frank.

The NRA has become nothing but a fund raising organization. If there were no anti-gun groups the NRA would start and fund one.

5. Glock!9

Glock!9

How does dumping it work? Were you a life time member?

captcurly likes this.
  6. DocCasualty

DocCasualty

I have belonged to a few national orgs and they have never represented my view on all issues but all have represented my view on most. So it goes with the NRA. Still the best option out there for all gun owners. I think everybody who owns a firearm and wants to continue doing that should belong.

Carlson1, Bozz10mm, mc1911 and 7 others like this.
  7. Jammersix

Jammersix

Firing an organization one belongs to is one of the best reasons never to become a lifetime member of anything.

rayzer007 and Old Buzzard 74 like this.
  8. sciolist

sciolist

GOA already is at the forefront. WTLW.

Grumpy_old_man and slamdunc like this.
  9. Acujeff

Acujeff

In terms of lobbying and political contributions, the NRA and the gun industry generally spend next to nothing compared with the big players on the left.

In fairness, NRA-related outside PACs do bundle a good deal of cash, but it’s still a fraction of what big labor and the trial lawyers pony up. All NRA-related outside expenditures in 2016 added up to about $54 million. A single liberal super PAC, Priorities USA, spent $133 million.

According to Opensecrets.org, the legal profession contributed $207 million to politicians in 2016 alone. Fahr LLC, the outfit that oversees the political and philanthropic efforts of billionaire anti-global-warming activist Ton Steyer, gave $90 million (all to Democrats) in 2016.

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/51703

And let's not forget, Michael Bloomberg and George Soros donate even much more to fund gun control organizations, politicians and PACS.

The NRA is the influential pro-2A political and lobbying organization that has made the difference in successfully competing with the overwhelming financial and political resources of the anti-2A left.

GOA is a pro-2A group whose primary purpose is to solicit funds from its membership to fund itself. It's fine if you want to join but don't delude yourself it has much influence outside its own organization.

Unlike the anti-2A left, The NRA depends on it's members to fund their activities and they efficiently spend most of what they collect. It's not doing a service to gun owners to advocate denying support to the NRA. You are just carrying out the strategy of the anti-2A left.

10. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

I agree with Acujeff. I stand by the NRA. GOA has done nothing but talk big.

gml991, kd4jvg, rangerjd and 9 others like this.
  11. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

If only they had the membership already. The power is in the numbers (and the membership dollars).

happie2shoot likes this.
  12. Old Buzzard 74

Old Buzzard 74

F@#K the NRA

sullyxlh and TN.Frank like this.
  13. TN.Frank

Yep, looks like they didn't do squat to stop these laws from passing and in fact helped to write them in many cases.

shakiesam likes this.
  14. dudel

dudel

I'll stick with the NRA. I don't agree with them 100%; but one strong group is better than two weaker ones.

Besides, I never heard the left say anything bad about GOA. NRA scares them.

GoetzTalon, gml991, kd4jvg and 10 others like this.
  15. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

Nothing like eating our own or maybe shooting yourself in the foot would be a better description. The lefties love to see this so the can create more poppygander. "Oh, the gun owners are fighting amongst themselves and falling apart".

Why not belong to all the groups?

BengalBacker, gml991, kd4jvg and 9 others like this.
  16. jutland

jutland

Just quit any organization that you have any disagreement with. Why stop there, quit being friends with anyone that does not agree with you on every issue. The "assault rifles" we all love would be completely gone if not for the NRA. Who fought most of the court battles? The NRA. Now if you want to join a no compromise group, join Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. They make both the NRA and GOA look like pansies, and you don't have to be Jewish to join. However like GOA they have little clout.

gml991, kd4jvg, captcurly and 5 others like this.
  17. TN.Frank

The JPFO IS a great organization. As far as the NRA being the largest, it's only that way because a bunch of Fudds keep joining up. If they'd join the GOA instead then it'd would be the larger organization and not the NRA and then maybe we'd really see something get done since the GOA doesn't compromise which is something that can't be said for the NRA.
    Also, there's plenty of footage online about the Left being "scared" of the GOA. You just need to do the work to look it up.

18. PieIsNice

PieIsNice

It’s not an either/or proposition. I’m Life GOA and NRA Benefactor.

But, you know, you’re welcome to cut off your nose.

19. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

I like that the NRA is public enemy number one for democrats. I'm a life member.

I will look into GOA and probably join up. Can't have too many soldiers protecting the 2nd amendment.

rangerjd, Bozz10mm, shakiesam and 6 others like this.
  20. Gimax

Gimax

Can somebody please post proof that GOA does anything but talk in terms of legislative lobbying and such?
    I'm about to go Lifetime Member for the NRA and just wanted to double check some "facts" that people post here.

How I know NRA is doing more? Every god damn enemy of 2nd amendment uses the word NRA as evil and brings them up on pretty much every single gun discussion.
    Never heard of GOA so I'm wondering if their owners (it is actually only few accounts that talk GOA all the time) are spamming forums lately to cash in on NRA's statement.

kd4jvg, DanaH, captcurly and 3 others like this.