Home > The Main Room > The Okie Corral > Goodbye Lee Kerslake

Goodbye Lee Kerslake

1. 83175_0_wide_ver1544555478.jpg

2. Ok I give, who is he?

3. I liked Uriah Heep. All the old ones are going. RIP.

4. A big time drummer.

5. Well I really like Uriah Heep I have maybe 5 of their earliest albums. July Morning, Gypsy, Look At Yourself and Easy Livin' some great rock. Superb guitars and synthesizers like MOOG one of the earliest groups to feature the MOOG synthesizer. I didn't know much about him however but the fact that he played for two groups I really like makes him very, very good during his time on planet earth. RIP

6. Very sad. RIP.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

7. He was born in 1947 and was the same age as I am except I won't turn 73 until Novemeber.

Ozzy Osborn is only a year younger. A guy I went to high school with in Los Angeles was a roadie for Black Sabbath and knew a lot of the English groups and went to Jamaica with the Rolling Stones in 1973 and when he was back in L.A. he brought back a record from Jamaica of Bob Marley and the Wailers which I heard just before Bob Marley became popular in the US after Eric Clapton had a hit with "I shot the sheriff "

My friend lived the Rock and Roll lifestyle to the fullest and it took it's toll on him. He died about 8 years ago.

8. I just had a look at his discography on Wikipedia..

I've got quite a few of those Uriah Heep albums as well as the Ozzy ones and Living Loud.

9. I was an early Heepster. Saw them live - twice - in Portland, Oregon in the early 1970’s.

10. saw Heep opening for Tull in 1978 at the Aladdin theater in the back of the old MGM Grand. Ticket was $ 7.50 lol. Great show! No bad seats anywhere