close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

good place to get a car radiator....(FL)

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by go_ustp, Apr 3, 2003.

1. go_ustp

go_ustp Millennium Member

I needed a radiator for my kid's Dodge Dakota truck. The local discount chain store could overnight it to me for $250. On the web I found www.radiatorbarn.com (Jax, FL) and the sold me the same one for $150, with free UPS shipping. Toll free support also.

Great place, highly recommended.

PS In FL any UPS shipment is "next day" so it got here quick

2. ray9898

ray9898

Do you have a local junkyard. They are usually cheap. Just find one with a side or rear impact and you are set.

3. pizzaaguy

pizzaaguy

BITHLO! ;f

The used auto parts capital of central Florida!;P
    Take U.S. 50 out of Orlando and you drive right thru it!

4. go_ustp

go_ustp Millennium Member

I've bought my share of used auto parts before, but there are some things I won't buy used and radiators are one of them.

For all the hassle of pulling it myself, and then not knowing if it will work (not leak) until I install it myself, with new antifreeze, etc. , it's just not worth the hassle.

I also live a good distance from Bithlo and needed it right away. The auto parts store would have to overnight it, so I had the radiator barn folks UPS it to my door. Free shipping also, and since it's UPS in Florida, it was overnight.

So..... new radiator, works great, took me about 2 hours to install and I'm done for a long time.

Thanks for the used tips though. Do you recommend a specific junk yard, and are they on the web for parts searches?