close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good people still exist

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by itisbruno, Jan 4, 2010.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

I ran an errand for the GF tonite, got home, and my dang billfold was gone. I tore apart the truck, retraced my steps, went back to the store, no joy.

I got on the fone and canceled the 3 credit cards I carried, and once I finally got hung up the phone, it immediately rang.

"is this Bruno? This is [insert name], and I found your billfold at the store. It has 3 credit cards, $22,a sams club card, some misc. reciepts and business cards, a florida concealed weapon permit, some coupons, a drivers license,and a doctors appointment card in it. You can pick it up at my shop between 10 and 5 Monday."

I went from angry at myself to relieved instantly. Not only do I not have to hassle with replacing all that crap, identity thieft was my biggest fear.

I'm giving the guy the 20 and a box of liquor filled chocolates for taking the time to help me out.

Thanks, good prople of the world.

:thumbsup:

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Good to hear!

Same exact thing happened to me except it was a mentally challenged adult who found it. He apparently rides his bike all over town just to ride. He was so excited to give it back to me that it nearly brought me to tears.

He refused any reward. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't take note of his address so send him something anonymously.

3. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

I had a wallet returned to my house with 800 dollars in it one time. By a guy on a harley dressed in leather. Good people can be found.

4. Aurora

Aurora

I lost my wallet when I just got to my unit when I was in the Army. A Sergeant Major found it and actually physically brought it to my barracks in order to return it to me. I've always tried to "repay" the favor by going out of my way to return things to people when I find them.

Good for you in offering a small token of appreciation. Some people treat you like you're "the thief" when you try and return something. People can defy logic at times.

V.

5. okie

okie GT Mayor

That's so awesome my friend:thumbsup:

6. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

Stories like that help me regain a sliver of faith for the human race.

Good story.

7. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Bruno......that is GREAT news.

Last year I left my purse in a Kroger Grocery store cart......((what was I thinking??))

On the way home I realized my purse was NOT in the front seat next to me. Panic, fear, dread....everything went thru my mind. I broke near every traffic law in the book trying to get back to the store.

When I got there, the cart was sitting there, but NO purse.

I ran into the store at Customer Service and described the purse......and asked if it had been turned in. It had. A woman turned it in. I asked if she left her name as I would like to reward her......she hadn't.

It renewed my faith in human kind. Sure wished the woman would have left her name and some way to contact her.

8. vGnzlz

vGnzlz 9s and 40s

glad to hear it turned out ok for you...... i found a signed check on the floor at my place of work today for $100.... I turned it in to "lost and found"..... i hope someone would do the same for me......:supergrin:

9. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Only lost my wallet once and it never came back.

Last year, I found more than $20,000 in cash laying in a bank parking lot. It was an elderly lady's life savings that she withdrew from the bank to keep from losing it in the bad economy.

She dropped the money in a parking spot and then a car parked over top of it for about 20 minutes. I was going into the bank as the car pulled out and I noticed all the strapped money laying on the ground.

I brought it inside the bank where the woman had just come back to explain her situation.

She didn't give me as much as a quick "thank you." Just took the money and left. Oh well, I didn't return it to be praised.

10. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Good to know there are still some honest people left out there.
    We are certainly outnumbered!! Drop your wallet at the Las Vegas Swap meet and see what happens. Some guy who doesn't speak English will pick up the wallet, look in it, take the money, sell your credit cards, and steal your identity. :whistling:

It's like a lost and found in a border town, asking bout a diamond ring.......

11. sopdan

sopdan

I remember about ten years ago (I was still in HS), I was walking into the grocery store a little ways behind a women with a plastic bag full of change. There was a hole in the bag that she didn't realize, and I picked up all of the change I could find, and met her at the CoinStar machine.

I gave her the two fistfuls of change, explaining that she had left a trail of money from the parking lot... all she did was scowl at me like I had done stolen it from her. Looking back, I think I wanted to spit in face... but I just gave it to her and walked away. She gave me a dirty look in the store later on as well. What can you do? :dunno:

12. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

People put their beliefs in you. Don't take the dirty looks too hard, she is probably the type not to do the right thing. She probably thought you would have kept the money too. It's sad that people have become like her.
    Good on you for being honest!

13. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Very good!-----there are still more good people in the world than bad, its just that the bad ones get all the press.

14. RioKid

RioKid

This is true. You just don't hear about the people doing the good deeds too often. Maybe because it is the norm?:wavey:

15. Gallium

Gallium CLM

So he stole the single use pack of Vagasil huh?

:rant: SOME PEOPLE! :soap:

'Drew
    :tongueout:

16. Jake514

Jake514

You guys did the right thing and can rest easily. Civilization thanks you for doing your share.

17. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

I enjoy these tales

18. Glenn129

Glenn129

I returned a wallet I found at a pay phone in a mall to a young girl, and she didn't even say thanks.

19. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I know sir, and it sure can be frustrating.

Not because some person didn't say thanks, but because they didn't even think about it. Suppose that says more about how people are raised today than it does them, perhaps.

But try to remember, and I think you do, that we do what we do because it's the right thing, not because of the thanks we may get. But a heartfelt "thank you" does go a long way to recharging one's batteries. I guess that price is just too much for some, or they believe you're some sort of molester trying to worm your way into their life for gosh sakes.

20. Glenn129

Glenn129

If I find another wallet I will do as I did before, I believe in the golden rule. I only mentioned it because it happened as I described.