Good online source dog supplies?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by obxemt, Aug 28, 2007.

1. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I'm looking for a good online source for leashes, cages, collars, toys, grooming, etc. I would prefer online ordering as I found a couple great websites that don't currently offer online ordering; and that's just too much work for me to write it all down and call. :)

Thanks for your help!

2. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

3. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

Thanks much, that's helpful.

I should have clarified in my original post that the reason I'm asking is because I'm looking for items that might be of better quality than what can be found at your average Wal-Mart. :supergrin:

Anyone else?

4. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

let me know what you're looking for....she has several sources, and all are better than "Wal Mart" quality as you infer.

5. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I was not inferring at all that the sources you gave were of Wal-Mart quality, I just wanted to clarify my original post so people didn't think I was looking for low-dollar bargain crap. Actually Wal-Mart does sell some good stuff, I just haven't shopped there since last October and would prefer to not start again now. :) I actually rewrote that post three times so you would not think that I was being ungrateful, but it still didn't work! The dangers of the internet, I suppose.

For examples, I need a quality lead and 1-inch collar (leather or nylon), good quality doggie shampoo, brushes/combs, perhaps a crate for training, harness, toys, etc. There is a strange-shaped rubber ball for training that I need but I forget its name (looks kind of like a honeycomb) as well as tug-type toys to build this little guy's confidence.

Thanks again!

6. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Not an issue.....There's outstanding money to be made in the pet industry! My wife pulls in six figures in the small town we live in, with grooming and pet accessories. She has customers who travel over 100 miles each way as she only provides show quality grooming for dogs and cats. Here's one other supplier she uses.

King Wholesale

7. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

If you are looking for collars, look no further than:

www.collarmania.com

Lisa (owner) is a great gal and very prompt. I've bought 7 collars from her and they are all perfect.

8. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

www.fordogtrainers.com
    www.gundogsupply.com
    www.leerburg.com
    www.signaturek9.com

All of these are good places wth good service and QUALITY equipment (Although I haven't used gundog supply myself. But I have a friend who orders from them regularly and reccomended them to me.). I do most of my ordering at fordogtrainers.com and am very happy with them. If there's a problem with your order (backorder or something like that) Guy will call you by the next day most of the time to let you know what's up. That and they have the balls on a rope that my boy likes to play with best. Ray Allen has a good selection, but some of his prices aren't that great.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

9. speck

speck

Strangely, Amazon.com is a good place to shop for dog stuff. I've found some things there like a dog shampoo my vet sells to my girlfriend for $20/16 oz ... on Amazon for $18 for 4x12oz bottles.