close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good non-fiction books on shooting ?

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Cromwell, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good non-fiction books on rifle and carbine shooting. I'm not after any 'ultimate sniper' or 'tactical mall ninja' books.

What I really want is something that discusses different stances with good clear photos, and also things such cleaning and basic maintenance. Also discussions of the details of choosing different scopes, how to setup the rings etc.

I've read Cooper's Art of the Rifle but while its interesting, its got more Zen and less hands-on diagrams/photos that what I want.

The guns I'll be using will probably be bolt actions (03, Lee Enfield etc) and lever actions like Marlins.

2. doctor_cop

doctor_cop

You can't beat Col. Charles Askins. Granted his boks on rifle, shotgun, and pistol shooting are a bit dated, but all are still an excellent read and contain a lot of good advice/information. I believe his rifle book is simply titled 'The Rifleman's Guide'. It was published sometime in the late 50s-early 60s. He also had a very subtle sense of humor.