GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
30,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have heard of this remedy for kidney stones.

https://www.maxhealthcare.in/blogs/urology/apple-cider-vinegar-effective-dissolving-kidney-stones#:~:text=To create a powerful kidney,2 tablespoons of lemon juice

To create a powerful kidney stone remedy out of apple cider vinegar, combine:

• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1-2 tablespoons of ACV
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
This concoction increases lubrication and helps pass the stones easily.
I tried this recipe for gallstones, didn’t work either. Lemon juice, orange juice also, but a metric ton of it. If I had had one within the last year or so, I’d be chugging this moonstone stuff.

·
Gringo Viejo
28,514 Posts
I have allergic reaction to potassium citrate so I'll pass on the moonstone stuff. I have kidney stones in both of my kidneys. Had the shock wave lipotripsy done in the right one several years ago. They just keep forming. tom. :dunno:

·
bene vivere
1,781 Posts
nursetim,
Thanks for the great information. I had a left ureterlithotomy several years ago to remove a staghorn calcium oxylate stone, and passed a few small stones over years.

In 2018 I had three nasty looking calcium oxylate stones removed from my bladder. I lived in constant pain, urinary frequency and urgency, bloody urine, loss of appetite, and weight loss. I looked like death on a cracker. It took nearly three months to get on the surgical schedule. They were cut up with a laser and vacuumed out with a flexible tool inserted in the urethra and into the bladder. Kind of like a micro “rotor rooter” job.

I now drink plenty of water and I will give this product a try!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've had them twice now.... no fun at all. First one my wife drove me to the local ER where I staggered through the door and collapsed on the bench right by the security guard. He looked at me like I was some drunk coming in off the street, especially since I puked into the trash can from the pain! Good thing it was early morning and all I had in my stomach was some coffee.

Second time was last December when we were traveling to attend a college graduation. Luckily we were already at our destination and my wife was able to drive me to the local ER there. I knew exactly what it was this time. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first one, but it still wasn't fun.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
The Kindly Curmudgeon
3,542 Posts
Been there, done that a few times.

The first time was the worst and scared the crap out of me. That was 20 years ago. It took them 6 months and another attack to finally figure out what was wrong. It was an 8x10mm stone stuck in my right ureter and it never did pass on it's own so they did the cystoscopy thing and broke it up and put a stent in.

The last time, a few years ago, the pain wasn't near as severe but was uncomfortable, especially trying to position my self so I could sleep. It started to make it hard to pee eventually and I was doing just that outside in a snow bank when the pressure increased greatly and then kapow, everything was normal. I fished the pee in the snow with a strainer and found the stone.

I mentioned this last incident with the doc and she prescribed potassium citrate, which I now take. I haven't noticed any pain since then. This always happened on my right side .

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
My wife has had kidney stones since she was 16. Would love something to get rid of them but I wonder how feasible it is to drink this stuff all the time to keep them away. Also, what are the side effects of drinking citrate all the time?

It seems whenever you fiddle with something in the body you jack something else up. If you are not actually fixing the problem I am afraid you are swallowing a frog to eat the fly.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
My wife gets them. They suck.

Reactions: nursetim

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
The BiL had stints(?) put in recently to try and get him to pass them. One kidney isn't functioning so well, not sure if that will come back or not.

My daughter, never drinks anything but water, had one about the time she got out of high school...............so much for the healthy approach.

·
Premium Member
3,514 Posts
Since that experience, I assertively medicate my patients with renal calculi. That discomfort is no joke.
Also a joke: Calling some of the worst pain you will feel in your life "discomfort."

Reactions: nursetim

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Been there, done that a few times.

The first time was the worst and scared the crap out of me. That was 20 years ago. It took them 6 months and another attack to finally figure out what was wrong. It was an 8x10mm stone stuck in my right ureter and it never did pass on it's own so they did the cystoscopy thing and broke it up and put a stent in.
For those of us that are metric challenged, that’s about 0.3 x 0.4 inches. I’d call that a kidney BOULDER.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I was told to drink a lot of lemonade by my doc when I had stones. It worked for me.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts