Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have the new dog as I described in the thread in GNG, Free Dog, I am looking for good sources of discussion and information on training and just general dog issues.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well...I think you're in the right place. Can you be more specific, or are you just looking for general dog information?

I couldn't find the thread to which you refer. Can you post a link?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Several good sources were suggested here. Internet animal discussion forums tend to be heavily populated with trolls, so I can't really recommend any. Local agility clubs are generally fun too, and the people in them are often good resources.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Internet animal discussion forums tend to be heavily populated with trolls, so I can't really recommend any.
Except of course this one.... :whistling:

In all seriousness though, I have to agree. People think I'm nuts about my dogs (or nuts that I have three for that matter), but wow. They have no idea. I have never found a dog forum with normal people. Some of those people are normal indeed, but by and large they don't last for long. I find that those types of forums (if busy enough) can be a great source of information regarding health, diet, etc. But boy you have to learn to take what you read and sort it out for yourself with research and trial/error. If you're somewhat new to the doggie world and have always been the type of "had a pet dog growing up, fed him whatever was on sale at wal-mart" those forums just confuse the heck out of people. It's information overload and often not reliable. You get a lot of diehard people swearing that your dog will just die if you don't feed him this food, spend this much time per day with him, walk him x amount of miles per day, let him play with only certain toys, etc. I quit recommending them a long time ago.

The bottom line is that there are plenty of people here capable of answering your questions, so feel free to ask away.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
So, what are you saying about us? :rofl:
Well I didn't want to come right out with it, but.... ;)

The dog specific websites, I suppose I should have said.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
dkbrucedvm,

That's a good sig line you have. It should be required reading for all pacifists and hoplophobes in the western world.

Right here is the only dog forum I've visited in many years, but some you might try include:

www.dogfancy.com

www.hikewithyourdog.com

www.doggonefun.com

It's time to take my family pooch for a walk now.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts