close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Guys - Good Customer Service experiences

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by VANWALL, Mar 19, 2010.

1. VANWALL

VANWALL

Two recent experiences

1. Kershaw Leek - spring seems weak does not open fully every time. Went on Kershaws web site

http://www.kershawknives.com/contactus.php?brand=kershaw

Filled out form and received a prompt reply. Received free replacement spring in less than a week.

2. Fisher Space Pen - I dropped a bullet pen and it landed on its cap. It was jammed to tight to get apart with out damage.

I logged onto Fisher web site and sent an email explaining my problem. I received a prompt reply to send the pen in. I mailed the pen and received a free new replacement pen within a week.

2. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Garmin

1) I bought two Nuvi 255s a little over a year ago, one for me and one for my wife. I connected mine to their website and updated the firmware without any problem. When I tried to update my wife's it bricked it, totally non-responsive. I called Garmin Tech Support and after trying a few things they agreed it was toast. Gave me an RMA number and said they would send me a new one. Sent me a new one and it has been good ever since.

2) Recently due to a HDD crash I lost the Garmin Mapsource software and City Navigator North America NT 2009.1 map I had installed on the computer. I went online but the link had long expired to download it again. I called Garmin Tech Support and the agent said he could activate the link again. He did but then I got a "File Not Found" after checking he said the file was no longer on the server. He then offered to send it to me on CD. I expected to pay for shipping and the media but all he did was verify my shipping address was still the same and say it would go out that day. About a week later I had the CD. Funny thing was I found the original download on a backup CD I had forgotten about.

Needless to say our next GPS will also be a Garmin.

3. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

- Garmin- GPS unit service.

- Sig Sauer- Twice for service and product replacement.

- Apple iTunes- Problems with purchase.

The flip side-

Motorola and their GPS unit. DO NOT buy one and trying to get it serviced was a pain. But they did come through eventually.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  4. Stang_Man

Stang_Man

MY father and I have had great dealings with Kershaw, they stand behind their products 110%. They have fixed mine no questions asked, even after I use them for jobs they are "not intended for"!

5. hkozzzie

hkozzzie

Cutco for kitchen knives... replaced every single one (7) of them free of charge, no questions asked.

Bed Bath and Beyond - Will take anything they sold/sell at any point in time even if it was from 5 years ago (no receipt needed).

6. silverbear

silverbear

I have recently bought two kershaws, bump and mojito, based on the positive customer experiences I read on many forums.

7. glock22357

glock22357 Got Ammo???

My M4gery fell off the arm of the couch, and the M951XM07 weapon light stopped working. Both the customer service person at Surefire and I were surprised that such a little fall would break the lamp assembly, but it did.

One quick call, and a new lamp assembly is on it's way free of charge!!

8. Palouse

Palouse The Resistance Lifetime Member

Dillon. I busted a part putting the thing together. I told them what I did, they apologized and sent me two replacements.

9. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable CLM

Cigars International. (http://www.cigarsinternational.com)

Ordered a glass top humidor from em, and the display hygrometer (which does work as a seal) was cracked...they sent me a new hygro, no questions asked, didn't even have to ship em the old one to show it was cracked.

Red

10. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Infiniti automobiles. Excellent service including goodwill replacement/repair at no cost well beyond the waranty period.

11. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

Funny a thread like this popped up now.
    I had an experience with Delta Air Lines last week.

I flew from Indy to Guatemala City, but my connection in ATL was cut short and so my bags never made the connection. There was one guy, Fernanado, working the baggage claims in Guatemala. He was fast, polite and jonny-on-the-spot with every baggless traveler.

To make a long story short, the airline tried to deliver my luggage to my hotel, but the hotel refused to accept it without me being present to sign for the bag. The problem is, I'm working from 0700 to 2100 every day, so I can't be there to sign. So on the second day, this kid brings my bag to the hotel and refuses to leave until they accept my bag and take it to my room. He called me and said he's not leaving unless they put my bag in my room. This is all after he was off the clock and simply trying to get home to his family...Later that night, I get back to my room and into my first clean clothes in 3 days.

The kid saved my bacon.

So I'm on my flight home...from Guatemala to Atlanta...lo and behold, who's sitting next to me? The Delta Air Lines managing director for human resources. We chatted, I told him my story, he took my card and followed up with an email to me the next day.
    Karma works both ways.

12. TuxthePenguin

TuxthePenguin

Dell - Pro Support

lol at regular support.

13. irish_ironsight

irish_ironsight

Best Customer Service Ever

SUREFIRE

Both my C3 Centurion and my A2 Aviator failed within seconds of each other when I actually needed them. I contacted Surefire customer service and they repaired the switches that were the problem, no questions asked.

Great turnaround time too.

Will I buy another torch, probably
    Will I buy another surefire torch.......... definitely......

14. irish_ironsight

irish_ironsight

BooI Hate Delta, They both Suck and Bite at the same time, needless to say I was NOT happy with their customer service !:steamed:

15. Glock 21 Dan

Glock 21 Dan NRA Member

Dillion Precision actually has the BEST custmer service in my humble opinion.

I've had a Dillion RL 550B for close to I don't remember how many years. They have recently replaced free of charge the complete priming system because I couldn't get it to stop sticking. "No problem, we'll send you a new one and no we don't want the old one back." New one arrived in 2 days.

Dillon is great!!

16. RichJ

RichJ

Uncle Bucks

I lost the barrel band stud for my 10/22 sling. I still had the swivels and hardware but just needed the stud post. I called their CS to see if I could buy just the stud instead of the whole kit. The CS lady said not to worry about it, she'd just send me one in the mail.

I thought she'd just send me a new stud but to my supprise, I recieved the whole kit. I pulled out the piece I needed and now I have an extra set of swivels and a set of screws to mount on another gun if I want. Cool!

17. glock2619

glock2619 Work in Progres

I had a great experience at Sams Club a few weeks ago.

I needed a set of tires for my Corolla and I went to the counter to ask what my options were. I hate to say it, but as I was walking toward the counter I had already made an opinion about how my service was going to be. I couldn't have been more wrong. He was very knowledgeable on tires, was courteous and spoke well, and answered any questions I had.

Tires on faster than I expected for a great price.

Good experience.

Edit: Yes, I felt like a tool for making an assumption on what my experience was going to be like.

Edit 2: Also had a good experience with Bark River Knives. The sheath didn't fit very well (rattled in the kydex) for the knife and they just sent me a new revised one. No questions.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010