Good Glock Smith in Denver

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jitterbug, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Anybody have any recommendations for a good Smith familiar with Glocks in Denver?

2. seed

seed

Honestly, you would do yourself a great favor if you picked up a good book about the subject and figured it out for yourself. Glocks are extremely easy to detail strip and reassemble. The only part I don't mess with is the deep unseen striker spacer sleeve, because removal is never necessary and it causes irrepairable damage to the sleeve, according to what I have read. If you do remove it, you most likely have to replace it with a new one.

Anyway, it's up to you but learning about how your Glock works is guaranteed if you do the reading. And if you are "brave" enough to fix it yourself, you will be amazed at how simple it really is. One more thing: check the boards (especially this one) to find lots of information about the idiosyncracies of Glocks. You will find out about all kinds of easy modifications you may or may not want to try. NONE of it will require any special tools, other than a punch and MAYBE a small screwdriver. I have actually detail-stripped my Glocks many times with nothing more than a couple of Q-tips (with the cotton end broken off). Although the punch is way easier to use, I usually am too lazy to go get it.

3. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member

4. big grip

big grip APC & Proud!

There's the Glock man that will be at the Tanner and the Glock armor at Neeve's is a super good guy. He's replaced a few parts on my guns free of charge.

So I buy stuff from Neeve's.