close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Deal On Glock 22 Hi-Caps Found

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by VegasGlocker, Aug 9, 2002.

1. VegasGlocker

VegasGlocker

I was browsing at Kiesler's for some pre-owned hi-caps for some of my 9mm pistols (don't have a .40 yet) and found the following:

$49 For A 15 Round NDF (Preban)
    $59 For A 15 Round DF (Preban)

See: http://www.kieslersonline.com/product/ko_preOwnedFactoryMags.asp

I have dealt with Kiesler's a few times and they have always delivered as promised with quick service.

I thought a few of you .40 shooters might be interested as the price seems great to me.

--VegasGlocker

2. USMarine

USMarine

Just ordered 3 of the DF, now I can finally shoot limited :)

3. mjs

mjs

I bought some from them (FML) a while ago and they were all in excellent shape.

They also had them for a few other models, but they sold out pretty quickly.

They have pretty good deals on ammo, too.

4. P-Ratt

P-Ratt Got GLOCK?

Pardon the ignorance, but what are DF & NDF? Are 22 mags the same OR are they just compatable with G23's?;d

5. mjs

mjs

DF = drop free
    NDF = non drop free

Which is really incorrect.

DF = FML = Fully Metal Lined
    NDF = NFML = Non Fully Metal Lined

You can see the difference in the picture at Glockmeister: http://glockmeister.com/basement.html

It's just how they're built; it doesn't affect which guns they can be used in. The NFML may or may not drop free when the mag is empty (none of the ones I have do), but the FML will. Many people actually prefer the NFML, so if you don't really care about it, it's probably not worth the extra $10 for you.

Personally, I prefer FML... but I'd take NFML 15-rounders over 10-round FML mags any day. ;)

If anyone cares about the difference between 2nd and 3rd gen FMLs (I don't), I ordered about 8 of them and they were all 2nd Gen.

6. terlingua

terlingua Senor Member

thanks for the heads up

7. USMarine

USMarine

Just got my mags in today. I was a little worried at the price but man, these things are like new. One even has the warning sticker and i can not find any signs of wear, I believe it is brand new. Wish I had the money to get a few more at this price.

8. walzy

walzy

do you have to be a dealer to buy these?

9. mjs

mjs

To buy from Kiesler's? Nope -- that's their price for everyone.

It's also a good place to buy Golden Sabers if you use them.

10. Glockasaurus Rex

Glockasaurus Rex Degüello

I just received my hi cap mag for my Glock 22 and although it is used it is in like new condition. I will order some more for sure. One question, though. This is my first Glock hi-cap magazine and I have not been able to fit the 15th round into the mag. Is this normal? When they say 15rd, do they mean 14 in the mag and one up the pipe? Or, is is truly a 15rd and it's just a b**tch getting that last one in there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Andy

11. VegasGlocker

VegasGlocker

I am sure that the last round is simply difficult to insert due to the mag tension. I have heard that Kiesler's mags have been factory rebuilt in most cases and a new spring could be quite stiff for a while. If you cannot get the 15th round into the mag even with the mag loading tool, then leave the mag loaded with 14 rounds for a while (days) until the spring is broken in. Also, some people will keep their mags one or two rounds underloaded to keep the springs in shape longer. But, as long as you replace your mag springs regularly you will have no worries.

I am happy to see my fellow Glockers getting their non-neutered mags! :^)

--VegasGlocker

12. P-Ratt

P-Ratt Got GLOCK?

How often should a spring be replaced if kept fully loaded? Also, will a 22 mag fit the 23?

;4

13. mjs

mjs

Depending on who you ask, the answer will vary anywhere from never... to once a year. ;)

The closest I get to a routine is that if I buy a used mag, I put new Wolff springs in it.

Yep -- 27/33, 23/32, 22/31, 35. It will just stick out the bottom of the smaller ones.

14. VegasGlocker

VegasGlocker

As for mag spring replacement, there is no definite rule. I have known some that have had the same springs for 5 or more years and some who replace them every six months. When the springs get weak you can get malfunctions. So, I simply replace mine once a year for my own peace of mind. Springs weaken mostly due to use so it is hard to say exactly how long they will last for a given person.

--VegasGlocker

15. blackhawk2000

blackhawk2000 Senor Member

Just ordered 2 NDF's for my 23 as spare carry mags. Thanks for posting this Vegas:)

16. P-Ratt

P-Ratt Got GLOCK?

I just ordered one to see how well I like it or if it is uncomfortable for carry in my 23. SSSSHHHHHH! Don't tell my wife! ;)

17. P-Ratt

P-Ratt Got GLOCK?

I got it. I like it. I need more. The deal is gone or they are out of stock. Where do I get some more??

18. VADER

VADER Senior Member

i would like some too for my little 23

19. blackhawk2000

blackhawk2000 Senor Member

It looks like they still have NDF's. That's what I got. Mine will take 16 rounds but then won't go into the gun. They also won't drop until completely empty. I was under the impression that they would drop around 1/2 full. To me the NDF concept makes sense tactically speaking, but I'm not sure how I feel about them not dropping until completely empty. Overall condition of the mags looks good. 1 of them has signs of dirt on it, and they both have some wear from being inserted while swollen. I ordered on Friday, and they were at my house on Monday.

20. pulltight

pulltight

I just received my NDF hi-cap and it bulges on the sides. I have to force it into the gun and pull hard to get it out. Is this what they mean when they say "non drop free?"