Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=423081

All you need besides this....dies, a loading tray, maybe a primer pocket cleaning tool, not much else. You would recoup the investment in about 500 rounds figuring 45 ACP costs. Maybe $130 total to get started. Shot IDPA today with a friend and I ran across this after volunteering to help him take the plunge into the dark and mysterious world of reloading.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would still consider not getting that kit. You don't need most of what they give you for loading pistol. All you need is

Press, Dies, Scale, Calipers, and some way to measure powder (dippers, powder measure, etc). The Lee Funnel is nice for filling cases. The Lee Scale is worth avoiding if you can. It's servicable but it's a waste of money because if you talk to most people who reload they eventually got a better scale.
Yes. I prefer RCBS products but for $82, it is a great way for someone who is agonizing over the cost of ammo, 45 ACP in a friend's case, to get into the hobby. Just looked at a website and an RCBS press was $100, scale was $79, etc. If someone loaded 500 rds and hated the kit, he could chuck the whole thing and still be at break even! Heck, Lee dies come with a dipper that will work for alot of loads. If the scale is a pain, you're only using it to set up the powder measure or make your own dipper. Loading 45 ACP, 9mm, 40 S&W, etc. is very easy and doesn't require a Lock N Load or Dillon. I think my first press was a C&H or Herter's "C" press that cost about $15 and I used it to work up accurate loads for 30/06 and 264 WM.
Plus, at that price, it'll be easy to pass the "wife inspection."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.