close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good credit card deals???

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by itstime, Feb 14, 2010.

1. itstime

itstime

It's funny but my banks seem to be closing all my credit card accounts due to the fact that they aren't making any money on me.

Most recent is a Citi card that was interest free for 3 months on a $99 purchase and 6 months on $299 or more.

I could buy any gun and pay for six months interest free which on occasion I did but paid it off before the interest kicked in.

So I get a letter in the mail stating they are closing the acct. and I can go to their website and pick another card if I wished.

I do and the rates they offer is outrageous. Prime is 3.25 and my credit is excellent but that's all they offer is almost 20% credit cards for well qualified persons.

Any banks that are reputable offer sub 10% cards anymore??

2. paul2241

paul2241

If you don't mind paying the balance every month, American Express has some really great perks, the customer service is 24/7, all based in the United States, and always willing to help you out. There is a yearly fee, but there is no pre set limit, you get extended warranties on electronics, deals for travel and hotels, and nice extras such as plane and concert ticket reimbursement if you can't use them. I have the preferred rewards gold card and use it for everything.

3. bchandler

bchandler

I'm gonna be honest here, if you have to finance something as small as a gun purchase maybe you should get your financial priorities straight... CCs are good for emergency funds, building credit, and disputing charges. In fact I use a CC for every single purchase just for the dispute protection, but I pay my accounts off every month.

If you really feel you must finance something, look into a line of credit from your credit union. I have a small line of credit there (no balance). I think the interest rate is in the 10% range. I like to keep it open because it adds to my credit to debt ratio in a good way :)

4. itstime

itstime

I wasn't using the card to finance the deal. Why not use it interest free for 6 months???? I thought of it as a perk. I didn't have to use it because I didn't have the cash in my other pocket.

5. JMS

JMS 02

Nothing wrong with what he's doing. I just bought an elliptical for $1k. I could have either charged it on my regular credit card and paid it off at the end of the month or signed up for a credit card with 0% for 1 yr. I signed up for the 0% and will divide the $1k into 12 payments. Why not?

6. fireslayer23

fireslayer23 Roadwhore

+1

I bought my tv from Circuit City with 0% interest for 36 months. I'd rather use the credit card company's money for purchases, if they are going to let me have it for free. Otherwise, I pay cash or throw it on my Amex.

7. dac1204

dac1204

My mother does that on every thing she buys over 500 dollars. The way she looks at it is she can go ahead and pay for it in cash or have it sit in a saving account for that time making money.

By the way before any one jumps her she has a 820 score, owns 2 houses, and makes around 70 thounsand a year. My step father has around a 780 score and makes just under 60 thousand a year. They have the money but would rather make a few bucks off of the cards even if its just $20 bucks.

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

:rofl:Can she steer me toward a savings account that makes money today?

Or even a CD for that matter?