Good aftermarket sights for Ruger Mk II?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Annoyedgrunt, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

I love shooting my Mk II, but sometimes in the indoor shooting range, being not as bright as outside, it can be hard to discern the black sights from the targets. I was wondering if anyone knows of some good aftermarket sights. Hell, I've even considered being ghetto about it and painting the sights with white paint! :embarassed:

2. btolliverjr

btolliverjr

I would also like some good aftermarket sights for my MKIII target model. I definately think Ruger should have put better sights on a target model:wow:

3. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  4. hogship

hogship Patriot Extraordinaire

I have a Smith 639 with a stainless front sight. It's really hard to see a stainless front sight. The owner that had it prior to me painted the serrated ramp portion red......probably nail polish. When I bought it, I thought I'd just remove the nail polish.......but, those sights work nicely! I've left the red nail polish on......."ghetto", or not.....it's better than original, and I'd have to say as good as anything that could be purchased........

"ghetto" ain't so bad!

Maybe what you ought to do is try some paint of your color choice and see if it works for you.....you can always remove it later, and spend more money! :supergrin:

hog

hog

5. robotoid

robotoid

Hi-Viz makes a fiber optic front sight for the MKII and MKIII. It just screws on like the original, replaces the entire sight base. You can get different size/color F/O inserts. I put one on my MKIII, but I have not shot it yet. I also filled in the W/O groove on the Ruger rear site. It's there, if you look close.