close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gonna do it...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock20 10mm, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

So I have been thinking about this for some time and after a lot of thinking and research I am going to do it.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=950&CAT=240

A while back someone gave me close to 1,000 rounds of .40SW once fired brass from a police shooting range. Well it's been sitting in my reloading zone for a while, and last night while I was punching out some 10mm rounds I got to thinking, I have everything I need except the primers (and I'll get those payday) to load these round up. And with the wife wanting to learn how to shoot AND the fact I have 1# of Hodgdon Titegroup (which I have found through Google is not a good choice for 10mm loads but great for .40SW) makes the idea more appealing.

So I will load up some .40SW and get the after market barrel and have the best of both worlds. Since I have two 10mm's it's not a big deal for me to convert one over for the wife to practice with. That and I see it as a way to be able to get range time without using up my precious 10mm brass.

2. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified

That's a good setup. It will definitely save you cash and that precious 10MM brass. You won't regret it.

One piece of advice: keep an eye on your OAL as it will affect feeding with the 10MM mags. The good news is you can typically load a bit longer than the stated 40 S&W max OAL using your setup (10MM to 40 conversion). It also allows for heavier loads with lower pressure.

As always the typical disclaimers apply: Work up your loads, test carefully, if you blow something up it's not my fault, yada, yada...

Enjoy! :wavey:

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

4. unsigned

unsigned

I've got one, it works well.