Gold Dot issues in G32

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by DLL9mm, Oct 27, 2019.

1. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

No. I have no problem using them as range rounds. I am going to call Glock tomorrow though.

2. STI

STI

Carry a G32 daily a 2nd Gen 357 all mine had ever had shot in it are GD and Ranger T never an issue (Some Cor-Bon also) Still use same mags today as they just work.
    I do prefer Ranger T as #1 just me there.

3. fastbolt

fastbolt

If it were me I'd replace the RSA, the locking block pin and the old mags. Might as well start fresh, especially if you don't know the usage history of the gun.

I'd also inspect the locking block (no cracks).

Just out of curiosity, does the existing locking block pin roll flat/even on a hard flat surface, and/or does either end of the pin appear unevenly worn (finish) or slightly peened? Back in '08 Glock developed a wearable parts recommended replacement schedule for LE armorers whose agencies were using .40's, and on that list one of the parts recommended for replacement every 5000 rounds was the locking block pin. The .357 has been said to be a bit harder on guns than even the .40, so it probably wouldn't hurt for a Gen4 & older used .357 Glock to get a fresh LB pin.

DLL9mm likes this.
  4. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

All of the springs were replaced last month along with the mags. Locking block is intact and the pin is still in one piece.

5. fastbolt

fastbolt

Being in 1 piece is a good thing. ;) However, does it roll flat and does either "belled" end have any excessive and/or uneven finish wear and peening?

I was inspecting a used Gen3 G23 for as friend a few years ago. He'd just had it had transferred to him from another cop (original owner) who had wanted to sell it. Supposedly, the original owner had claimed it had only seen "approx 2K" rounds fired.

When I was giving it the once over for my friend I noticed that the LB pin had quite a bit of wear in the finish and appeared noticeably peened on the ends from contact with the LB. It was still straight when I rolled it, but it looked mottled and quite worn on the ends. I gave him a new one, and a new RSA.

DLL9mm likes this.
  6. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I will examine it better tomorrow.

fastbolt likes this.
  7. fastbolt

fastbolt

I think it was maybe back around '06-'07 when we were told in a Glock armorer recert that the company had recently changed the heat treat of the LB pin, making it more durable.

8. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

9. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I will see what Glock suggests today. I really want this gun to feed everything. It is VERY accurate. I have put almost 500 rounds through it so far and have only had issues with Gold Dots.
    I will note, the malfunction has occurred every time on the second round when firing a full mag. Pretty weird.