Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve lost track of how many suppliers I have checked. Anyone know where I can get a box or two? Thanks!

·
Bathed in lavender and gasoline
4,084 Posts
Wouldn't mind a box myself

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
When you can not find the Gold Dots you might give Remington's 125 gr +P Golden Sabers a long look. In many tests they are the equal to the GDs and the are usually easier to find and at a lower price.

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
I have three 50 round boxes put back that I bought 3-4 years ago. I think they were $25. I gave one to my bother. Even then, the supply is spotty and often too pricey. If you are patient and continue searching after things settle down, you can combine some with another ammo purchase to offset shipping.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,287 Posts
When you can not find the Gold Dots you might give Remington's 125 gr +P Golden Sabers a long look. In many tests they are the equal to the GDs and the are usually easier to find and at a lower price.
I carry the GS 125 +P in my j-frame. I have a bunch of other choices, but haven’t switched. The HST Micro 38 looks promising, but I haven’t shot them, yet.

I need to take all my choices out and see which one I shoot the best. Likely, there won’t be enough difference, to matter. From what I’ve seen, the GS 125gr, GD 135gr, and the HST 130gr all are top choices, for a j-frame. Which one performs best is anyone’s guess on any given day. I also have some GD 125gr, which I wouldn’t hesitate to carry.

·
Registered
216 Posts
IThe HST Micro 38 looks promising, but I haven’t shot them, yet.
The data on the new HST .38spl looks VERY good. I'm thinking about having them loaded in my 640 instead of the Barnes XTAC 357mag that are currently in the wheelgun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts