Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say I have owned 3 Glocks over the years(19,22,21), and some how always ended up trying some other platform. For the past 2 years it has been the 1911. While I love the 1911 it makes a rather heavy carry gun. I have been lucky in every 1911 I owned has run flawless, not sure on out of the box because they were always "worked" before I shot them.

With all that said I am going with either the 9mm or .40 s&w models of glocks. Being I have fat fingers I am going to try to find 2nd gen. Glocks(no finger grooves). I know lights are great but I have a reason for them not eing mounted on the gun. I am planning to purchase a full size, compact, and subcompact. I will grind off the finger grooves on the subcompact.

Right now 2nd generation 17, 22, 23, 19 seem pretty easy to find.

Whats your guys and gals thoughts on 2nd gen. Glocks and 9 or 40?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Love my G19 (current gen). I think 9mm is perfectly adequate with good ammo and accurate shooting. The same is true for .40 as well, but personally I pull off the "accurate" part much more consistently with 9mm, and good ammo is cheaper and (sometimes) easier to get as well.

Neither one is a bad choice though.

·
Perfectionist
3,285 Posts
Welcome back to the real world, had to rub that in for Bac.:supergrin: I like the 2nd gens more than any other Glock, I have several 1st and 3rd but prefer the 2nd. The 19 fits my hand good but I prefer a FS grip.

Paulie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts