close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Going to see a UFC fight at the MGM Jan 2nd!!! 1st time live!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mixflip, Dec 31, 2009.

1. mixflip

mixflip

I just got 2 tickets to see the up coming UFC 108 fight between Rashad Evans and Thiago Silva. We got great seats 1st row off the floor. They cost $900 each but I got them for free. Floor seats were $1200 and up WTF??? This is one of the reasons why I never went before.

I have lived here in Vegas for a few years now but never got a chance to see a live UFC fight. I am sooooooo pumped just because these tickets are like gold and I got them for free!!!

I have never been to the MGM either so its going to be an exciting night! The wife and I rarely go to the Vegas strip unless family is in town and want to do the tourist thing.

Hopefully I can bring my larger zoom capable camera?

2. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

That sounds like too much fun, but I'm concerned about what you did to get those for free? :supergrin:

3. Jay S.

Jay S.

Wow. How did you manage to get free tickets? Let us know how the view was.

4. jtarbet2

jtarbet2

I am so jealous, can't believe they can get those prices for tickets!!

5. Guessinator

Guessinator

Nice score!

I wanted to see Rashad & Rampage.

6. BLiTzNicK

BLiTzNicK Silent Member

I don't know how he got them, but Dana White gives out tickets several times the week leading up to the fights. He'll send a twitter update with a time and place to meet him, and the first so many folks there get tickets.

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I wanna see Evans beat Silva, then crush Wampage.

IGF

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

I hope the fight goes the distance for ya, instead of a knockout in the first few seconds...

9. mixflip

mixflip

The athletic commissioners office dropped them off at our office out of the blue. We get a few tickets dropped off to our office when they have extras for promo I guess? We really dont ask. We get tickets from them from time to time (boxing, muay thai, WEC, UFC) but usually they are not the premium tickets and usually they are for the very next day so nobody can plan for it.

We just got lucky this time getting them 4 days in advance.

I bumped into BJ Penn a few months ago when he went to the athletic commissioners office to complain about GSP cheating (the over greased face issue) He was very cool and I got a pic with him. He was kinda small? I think I could kick his butt...lol (NOT)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  10. mixflip

mixflip

Ok so I just got back from my very first UFC fight at the MGM grand garden arean here in Vegas. AWEOME! Very exciting and the smaller card fighters were actually better fights than the main event entertainment wise.

One of the unknowns like Mark "the Filipino wrecking machine" Munoz (from Vallejo California btw where my son was born!!!) kicked the crap out of Ryan Jensen which was fun to watch.

I think it was Jake Ellenberger who delivered a gruesome KO that sent Mike Pyle to the deck then Pyles poor head did the old slinky bounce and ate another fist on the way up and bounced back to the deck again. It was awful to watch...I thought he had a serious concussion.

Junior dos Santos had one of the best KO's in the sport when he cought Gilbert Yvel with a hook that dropped the big boy like a sack of potatoes!!!

Evans clearly dominated Silva with his wrestling skills and seemed to take down Silva at will for 2 rounds. He ate a few solid punches in the 3rd and Silva did this crazy "mocking" and "taunting" and stuck his jaw out as an offering to piss of Rashad and the crowd too it seemed? I cant wait to see the highlights in detail again on SPIKE TV because it was really odd seeing that kind of disrespect? He lost anyways.

Overall it was a really fun night. Oh and man there were alot of hot hootchie mama's running around the joint?? I didnt get any pics since my wife was with me. lol.

So here was our $800 seats we got for free! Nice view actually.
    [​IMG]

Dana White was below us.
    [​IMG]

Thiago Silva looked anxious...
    [​IMG]

Rashad Evans trainer didnt like me zooming in on him I guess?
    [​IMG]