Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll, I'm going to Kieslers in Jeffersonville on friday.
Let's say I find a rifle I'd like to buy.
What kind of red tape do I need to go through to buy in Ky and reside in Indpls?Keyword rifle.
Is it even worth the trip?I'm spending the day in Louisville,then ending up at the Bass Pro shop in Clarksville,so Kieslers will be right around the corner.
Any heads up would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey Ya'll, I'm going to Kieslers in Jeffersonville on friday.
Let's say I find a rifle I'd like to buy.
What kind of red tape do I need to go through to buy in Ky and reside in Indpls?Keyword rifle.
Is it even worth the trip?I'm spending the day in Louisville,then ending up at the Bass Pro shop in Clarksville,so Kieslers will be right around the corner.
Any heads up would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
Key word - Indiana

Kieslers is in Indiana

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...TF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Have Fun, I haven't been there for awhile but the last time I was there, prices and selection were not great. Doug has either sold the business or letting someone else manage the non LEO side.

Good Luck

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I was seeing things.
On the website it gives a Jeffersonville,Kentucky address.
I remember it being in Indiana from all the newsletters I recieved.
Thanks for the heads-up.I'm legal in Indiana,thats a relief!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Go over to "111 gun shop" on Kopp Lane and you will be a lot better off. Kieslers has declined into snob hell over the past couple of years and 111 is a good replacement. Its probaly not more than an extra 5 mins drive and they have a pretty good selection.:supergrin:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hoosier 17,I should have gone to 111 guns.
Kieslers was ok,he had a ton of select ammo in the middle of the shop.
Looks like he's heavy on SKS/AK/AR's and Mosin Nagants.
I'll have to catch 111 on the next go around down south.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've done business with Kiesler's since the store was in Galena or Lanesville. New owner runs a tight ship I've bought from them and recommend them. This is not posted to cause any ill will; just thought it needed to be stated.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
3,112 Posts
Doug has either sold the business or letting someone else manage the non LEO side.

It's sold. Still says Kieslers on the store front, but has Orion Arms on the receipts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
111 Gun Store on Kopp Lane Clarksville, ph # 812-282-AMMO has the LOWEST prices in Indiana if not the WHOLE country. They can order any gun or part you want. If you're a MILLIONAIRE & money means NOTHING to you go to Orion/Kieslers. Anyone else should go to 111 Gun shop.

·
Hornady Fan
268 Posts
I'll also recommend the 111 Gunshop. I haven't had the chance to make it to their new store in Clarksville, but they were extremely nice and the prices friendly while in New Albany. Plan on paying them some business as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have shopped at Kieslers for years and lately they have become too big for the average gun buyer. Believe it or not, they are the number 1 glock seller in the country. The owner, Doug Kiesler personally knows Mr. Gaston Glock. Anyways, I have recently taken my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You mean "Retail" Glock dealer don't you? There are some Glock dealers around the country that sell to LEO that sell quite a few.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Guess I'm lucky to live in Jeffersonville. I'm also happy to see all the good remarks about 111 Gun Shop. I'll make sure the owner knows how we all feel about his store and service. (Little secret: The owner is my best friend's cousin). So I may be bias, but I don't need to go anywhere else, they can get anything I need. I'll be in there Saturday to pick up transfer from TX.
So Whenever you are close you should definitely stop in. :wavey:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Bradp, Kieslers sell directly to law enforcement as well. Louisville Pd and other big departments are a couple that I know for sure. Most of the workers there suck anyways.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts