GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Very nice!

Did you get to pew-pew yet?
I did! As soon as I got home I stripped, cleaned, and lubed it.

I don't have an abundance of hollow points, but thankfully I do have 1,100+ 147gr target rounds. Put a couple mags of target ammo through, then 1 mag each of hollow points to make sure they fed.

Love this thing!

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,532 Posts
I would visit your local gun range and rent several of those models you mentioned. See which you fits your hand the best. Not to mention the one you shoot the best. When I was trying to decide which Glock would be my first that is what I did. I rented the G17 and the G19. I chose the G19. I believe it is Glocks best all around firearm they produce.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I did! As soon as I got home I stripped, cleaned, and lubed it.

I don't have an abundance of hollow points, but thankfully I do have 1,100+ 147gr target rounds. Put a couple mags of target ammo through, then 1 mag each of hollow points to make sure they fed.

Love this thing!
Thats fantastic. If you ever want to go minimalist, try the Vanguard 2 clip. Makes the G48 so thin IWB.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thats fantastic. If you ever want to go minimalist, try the Vanguard 2 clip. Makes the G48 so thin IWB.
That's interesting, wish it had the wing like the regular Glock models though.

I've found the wing helps me a TON. I feel like no matter what I try the grip always seems to pull away from my body and print. Once I started using holsters with a wing that went away.

In fact I slipped the 48 in an old 19 IWB holster I have with a wing (yeah I know, it was just to see how it carried once I got home, and with my belt it squeezed it tight enough to keep it in place) and it just disappeared.

I'd be worried with that Vanguard I'd be back to the grip torquing outwards.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
That's interesting, wish it had the wing like the regular Glock models though.

I've found the wing helps me a TON. I feel like no matter what I try the grip always seems to pull away from my body and print. Once I started using holsters with a wing that went away.

In fact I slipped the 48 in an old 19 IWB holster I have with a wing (yeah I know, it was just to see how it carried once I got home, and with my belt it squeezed it tight enough to keep it in place) and it just disappeared.

I'd be worried with that Vanguard I'd be back to the grip torquing outwards.
i had the same issue, so I started wearing my 48 more toward the center of my back

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,557 Posts
I can't speak for the other two, but the gen 5 G19 is a great pistol. Mine is probably the most accurate of my Glocks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Think of the 1911 Government versus the 1911 Commander. This is the impetus for the 43X and 45. They carry just a little bit better because of the shorter slide.

I really like the 48 with Shield Arms 15 round magazines. I find the 10 round factory magazines tolerable because the SA mags cannot be mixed with the factory mags due to the metal part chewing up the plastic on the factory mags. This is annoying, but having 15 rounds onboard is a great thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well while I really do like this 48, I just couldn't live with myself leaving the store without a full size Glock........

So I had to go and order a 45 to go with it!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts