close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Going price on Rem sp primers

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Mattog22, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Mattog22

Mattog22

I ordered some rem sp primers a while ago and they finally came in. My friend who got some with me lost his job and doesn't have the $ for them now. After hazmat, tax, and shipping they were just under $45/1k, but at least we got some. I know $45 is too much to try to sell them for but I was wondering what I should expect to recover now. Cabelas and Grafs by me asks $35+tax when they rarely have them. A little advice would be appreciated, I don't know what the private sales are going for. I am trying to figure out if I'm better keeping them or not. I usually don't use Rem.

2. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

You know how at 2 in the morning every woman in the bar starts lookin' real good... primers are the same way during a shortage... any ol' port in a storm.

Keep 'em, you're gonna end up using 'em and who knows where primer prices will go once shooting season gets back into full swing.

Jack

3. punkey71

punkey71

Speaking of Graf's...I finally received my backorder from last March a couple weeks ago. 20K CCI SP @ $22/1K (delivered). Glad I waited!

Shooting 3K/yr for IPSC I'll use them for sure....

Now I just gotta stock up on 147gr 9mm plated bullets...only have about 5K...could use 15-20K more. I think a couple months of folks sitting on their stock is gonna get em down to $80/1K as opposed to the $100/1K they want now. Time will tell....

4. Mattog22

Mattog22

$22/1k is crazy cheap, is that before some hazmat and shipping or something? I don't even remember them being that cheap before things got crazy! Well, I don't believe people are getting the $80-100 for them any more, if I could get my $45 back for these I would be more than happy but I don't really see even that happening. Nevermind, I see that you said $22/1k delivered, And the $80-100 /1k was for bullets. Maybe I should read more carefully.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  5. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

I just paid $25 per 1k. I ordered 20K at a time. I can't imagine paying $45. But if thats what you did then your stuck. No point in selling them for a loss just to turn around and buy more. Thats silly. Keep them.

6. punkey71

punkey71

That $22/1K was before hazmat they owed me a hazmat fee from a previous shipping error...so they paid it this time. Even so...at 20K primers ordered it would be $1/1K extra for hazmat...so $23/1K.

They still have them advertised, but not in stock, for $109.99/5000. That's $22/1K right there....hazmat makes it $23 or so. Mine shipped for free...maybe they ship for free or I got that free to b/c of their last screw up...but shipping was included.

Get on the backorder list at Graf's...it may take nearly a year to get them like it took me...but I did get them.

7. Mattog22

Mattog22

Ok, thanks for the info, I probably have enough for a year so I should probably put in a backorder soon then. Luckily I didn't get many for that price, the others I got had cost me about $33/1k from a bigger order. I should probably just shoot these up, only an extra $2/100 rounds anyway compared to the $25 price

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  8. punkey71

punkey71

Where at C4W? It may help the OP....

9. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Powder Valley. They were $22 before shipping and hazemat. You just have to order enough to make it worth while.

10. Mattog22

Mattog22

As fast as I go through them now shootind idpa, uspsa, and 3 gun I should be buying 20k at a time anyway. Thanks guys

11. jing1117

jing1117

Glad you got yours, I still have to wait for mine - placed them on May 25, 09. But then again, they are worth the wait.

Local shop that I know sell them for $32 out the door.

12. fredj338

fredj338

That's exactly right. Give your buddy $35/K if you feel like helping him out. Primers in the hand are owrth pirmers on back order. Order from Graf's & CCI are still less than $25/K if you order at least 10K.

13. Mattog22

Mattog22

They are just going to be mine since I can afford them more than he can so I will just shoot em up and enjoy them. The fact that I have primers is a good point.

14. Olivers_AR

Olivers_AR

Local funshow this weekend they were going $30-33/K for Winchester Large Pistol and CCI Small Rifle. Might be higher then on-line, but it was instant gratification, vs waiting for a long time. Besides even cheap .acp was going for $84 per 250.

The difference between $22/K and $33/K is .011 per round. Given that most factory rounds are going north of $.2 to $.25 a round, its still a deal.