close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Going back to Glock 26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FourXFour, Jul 28, 2004.

1. FourXFour

FourXFour

Well I've tried the HK USP 40 Compact, Glock 26, Glock 36, Glock 30, NAA Guardian .380, Kahr PM9, Glock 19, HK USP 9 Compact, HK USP 45 Compact, HK P2000 for concealed off duty carry. I've sold the majority of the guns (including the G26) to coworkers after they didn't quite work out. About a six months ago, I figured I was set with the Kahr and didn't need the G26, but it just isn't as reliable as I would have liked.

That being said I think I will be going back to the Glock 26 with the GAP finger rest extension.

My question is which IWB holsters are the most comfortable for the Glock 26. Is there a big difference between The Answer and the Comp-tac C-TAC. I tend to prefer KYDEX plastic holsters and still have a few left over from when I used to carry the Glock 26. I also used to use the sidearmor IWB holsters and found them to be a little uncomfortable.

Thanks for any help

2. domzilla9

domzilla9 Phone Flinger

my complaint about Kydex holsters is most are extremely overbuilt, making them far thicker than they need to be, and that they are designed in such a way that the attachments are prone to cracking or breakage.

That being said, I prefer FIST thin kydex.
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/1k.htm

order it from http://www.gunnersalley.com and get it at a discount with the same turn around time.

This holster's kydex is incredible thin, yet durable. This models doesn't stay completely open and will partially collapse, making one hand reholstering slow. If you need one hand reholstering you might want to look at their "rounded front" version of the same holster that is fabricated from a single piece of kydex. The #1 is made from two pieces sewn together. It is simple and it works. The retention is fantastic and it has an excellent belt clip. There is no way that you will be able to draw this holster with your gun.

3. Rich

Rich

I like what you did :) you tried all those damn guns and then decided which one was for you. I don't think you can get more reliability than in a Glock, and the 26 is a fine gun.

As to holsters, go up in price a bit - IMHO - you'll be glad you did. Check out Milt Sparks' stuff and stay away from the Kydex - too rigid and bulky for CC.

Good luck!

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Kydex is certain more rigid than all but the stiffest treated horsehide, but I'm not sure if it's any more bulky than many leather holsters. I use nothing but Kydex for my Glocks when carrying IWB, and have no problems at all with them. The bulk of the WEAPON is of much more concern than the tiny 1/16" to 1/8" of plastic OR leather on both sides of it.

Kydex doesn't squeak when it rubs against your belt or the weapon, doesn't absorb moisture, won't attract and hold grit as easily as leather, is much easier to clean when it DOES get dirty, holds the weapon securely but releases it quickly, and lasts MUCH longer in warm climates. Plastic gun, plastic holster; works for me (and a LOT of other folks, judging by Kydex holster sales).

5. drofnas

drofnas Senior Member

with Comp-Tac. The C-Tac is my favorite from them. I use the Tuckable for the G26. I have it. I can't make myself buy the C-Tac (money reasons).

I did just order the tuckable Fist for my PM9. Ultrathin Kydex sounds like the way to go. I'd agree with the concept of the Fist, but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't give an informed opinion.

6. another okie

another okie

I'm very happy with my Sidearmor IWB. It's the old kind with the belt loops close together. It's quite comfortable if I dress with a good belt and loose pants. It is very secure and a quick draw, easy to reholster. If I'm going to need to take the holster off and on I use a Don Hume clip on. For OWB I have a FIST Kydex that rides very high and conceals well (for an OWB). More and more I'm using ankle carry, which I find works well for me. Yes, I've got a whole bag of holsters for the 26 - these are just the top three. I must have ten of them.

7. FourXFour

FourXFour

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it

8. gary newport

gary newport

^6

9. compman

compman

should have tried a Kahr T9 first but if you can conceal your Glock than enjoy..