Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guy's after 25 years of buying ,selling and trading i'm going all glock. Most of the time you lose money on most of the deals. I don't even want to know how much money ive spent. I have had sigs,h&k's, kimbers and more and don't take me wrong there great guns but I have really come to love the glock pistol. I have two G19's one black and one od and a G32 with a 40s&w conversion barrel. All my holsters fit these guns most of the parts are interchangable. Simple they go bang every time and great customer service.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don't feel bad about the lost money. I've lost so much on gun trading, buying, and selling I probably saved the economy from recession at least twice.

I went all Sig for awhile, and I love their product. Just tired of the DA/SA for me. So I'm currently on my FORTH G19, and once I've been able to sell an HK I'll probably be on my second G34 which I'll use for IDPA and Steel.

By and large, I'm not getting rid of anymore guns because I end up rebuying the things.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I know where your're coming from, because I was also there.

About 16 years ago when I held my first GLOCK, I thought it was a piece of s--t and swore I would never buy one. Consequently, I spent a ton of money over the years buying much more expensive guns - Springfields, Kimbers, Smith & Wessons, etc. - even cheapies like Rugers, etc.

Well, after a while I decided to try a GLOCK, hearing how reliable they were and how LE agencies were switching to them and all, and I was hooked!! GLOCKS are OUTSTANDING weapons!

Other than a few J-frames I use as BUGS, I only now own GLOCKS and will never again spend money on the "latest and greatest" new gun to come out on the market.

So yeah, I wasted time and money before I came to my senses - but at least I saw the light and am staying on this path to GLOCK perfection!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I know where your're coming from, because I was also there.

About 16 years ago when I held my first GLOCK, I thought it was a piece of s--t and swore I would never buy one. Consequently, I spent a ton of money over the years buying much more expensive guns - Springfields, Kimbers, Smith & Wessons, etc. - even cheapies like Rugers, etc.

Well, after a while I decided to try a GLOCK, hearing how reliable they were and how LE agencies were switching to them and all, and I was hooked!! GLOCKS are OUTSTANDING weapons!

Other than a few J-frames I use as BUGS, I only now own GLOCKS and will never again spend money on the "latest and greatest" new gun to come out on the market.

So yeah, I wasted time and money before I came to my senses - but at least I saw the light and am staying on this path to GLOCK perfection!!
Playing off that...I always knew Glocks were good...but it wasn't until I shot one when I just HAD to get one for myself.

·
3 Posts
With the exception of a revolver, all my handguns are Glocks. A common manual of arms and compatability of accessories (holsters, mags, etc.) prevent me from straying. The non Glock that most often attracts my attention, though, is the XD .45ACP 5".

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
When I first got into guns I was much enamored of the Walther P99. I thought Glocks were ugly and that's as far as my curiosity about Glocks went. Well, I still think the P99 is a beautiful work of art, but now that I understand the details of how a gun works and what you want from it, I'm all Glock.

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
I'm close to that...any new ones I get will be Glocks, but I'm not getting rid of my fun guns like my Walther P38, Star BM, Mauser 1914 and various .22's. Oh how I do wish Glock would make a .22 (not a conversion kit)

·
Registered
784 Posts
I wasted time and money before I came to my senses - but at least I saw the light and am staying on this path to GLOCK perfection!!
Same here, I used to be all HK, tried Kimber once ['twas an expensive paperwieght], had a S&W. Now once in a while I look around other brands, but deep down inside I know that nothing will satisfy me like the GLOCK.

It's all Glock, all the time in my household.

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,735 Posts
I hear you on going all Glock.....to a point. All my defensive pistols are Glocks and my very favorite plinker is a Glock. But there is a big wide world of handguns out there, that serve different needs for me. I love a good revolver. Double action and the single-six "cowboy" guns. I love the mouse guns. And I love the .22s

My serious guns all fill a special need. My G-21 is my gun on the road. Always in the console of my F-150. My G-36 and my G-23 are my primary carry weapons. I like to alternate em and change up once in a while. The G-17 is my best "plinker" I just can't keep my hands off it.

But I own some guns for other reasons. I have a few oldie but goodies, some of which I no longer even fire, for sentimental reasons. I'm a nut about the revolvers of the old west and I have 2 of them with good leather for both. I have 3 different .22s because they are a hoot to shoot and cheap to boot. (Ha ha...I'z a poet and din't know it.)

It's just the way I roll.....

·
Private side
11,510 Posts
Well guy's after 25 years of buying ,selling and trading i'm going all glock. Most of the time you lose money on most of the deals. I don't even want to know how much money ive spent. I have had sigs,h&k's, kimbers and more and don't take me wrong there great guns but I have really come to love the glock pistol. I have two G19's one black and one od and a G32 with a 40s&w conversion barrel. All my holsters fit these guns most of the parts are interchangable. Simple they go bang every time and great customer service.
Welcome. I found it easier to use the same manual of arms, disassembly instructions, mags and for the most part holsters. Save money on some things, have spares of others.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I love guns too much to go all Glock...I do have more Glocks than any other brand though..Everybody needs at least one good 1911. A good 357 and 44...plus a 22 or two..Forgot to add the 38 snubbie.....

You just get those "after" your Glocks are aquired..

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
I don't see the point in getting more than two Glocks. One for carry, one for customizing with all that aftermarket crap. Other than that, why do you need one in ever caliber? It makes no sense to me.

I own a Glock 19. I'd probably get a Glock 17 or 21 SF then play with it a little. Other than that I would find having all Glocks boring.

·
BIG DAWG #1562
119 Posts
I too have become a glockaholic !!! :rofl:

I had the kimbers, the smith and wessons and the colts and I have sold them all and I now only own Glocks. My wife used to own a smith and wesson and a beretta and now she has sold them for glocks as well.

·
Registered
979 Posts
No question Glocks rock, but they there are voids for handgun fans that Glock doesn't cover (Yet?). I started handgunning and owned 4 Glocks, but soon discovered that I needed a true pocket pistol(enter .38 snubbie and KTP3AT). I realized that my G21 just didn't fit my hand right (enter Kimber). Now I'm in the market for a nice .22 (Ruger Mark III, come to papa).

I would never diminish the role of a Glock, but there's much more to handgunning for me than a pure SD pistol....YMMV.

Keith

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I sip the glock kool-aid from time to time just like you folks, but as it was stated earlier, I too love guns far too much to limit myself to only one brand.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
My God I'm so sorry. For a gun enthusiast there is such a vast and interesting world out there. That would be like saying, "I'm going only blonds from now on, boys." Well, sure, you'll get the basics covered. But what about the fiery redhead over there, or the sexy brunette you met last night? Ok, I know that doesn't exactly play out. But I think you'll miss a lot.

No glock bashing here. Great guns. But the world is a big, exciting place and handguns are going to develop more in the next decade than I think they have in the last 50 years.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts