close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"God" mode in Deus Ex Invisible War

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by DepDuke, Oct 4, 2004.

1. DepDuke

DepDuke Glockitall

I have just gotten the time to start playing The Invisible War sequel to Deus Ex on my PC.
    I looked up the code for 'god' and followed the instructions. Edit the default.ini file and such. Why do I still take damage and get killed? Any help/ideas?

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

?

Could it be that the wrong file got edited, or that there was a misspelling? Is it possible the Save didn't take after you edited the .ini file?

Check the file to see if it got edited properly, with exactly the correct settings. Look around in the Deus Ex folder to see if there is a system or data folder somewhere that needs its .ini file changed as well.

You really should start by DL'ing the cheat from another site; perhaps there was a typo in the file you used.

Good luck,

FastVFR

3. DepDuke

DepDuke Glockitall

I have looked at a couple differnet sites, and the suggestion is relatively the same. I will ook again to see if there is another file I need to change. I would expect it would be kind of obvious...maybe

4. DepDuke

DepDuke Glockitall

Got it !!! Found the other file and changed everything to '0' works like a charm now

5. DepDuke

DepDuke Glockitall

Wonderful!!
    Now every time I play the game and then exit, all my icons on the desktop are all over the place......what do I do about this???

6. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

You just need to set the game to the desktop's resolution and color depth.

If the desktop is at anything like 800x600, crank it up to 1024x768 or even 1280x1024 (my favorite) and make the icons and fonts bigger if you need to.

Whatever resolution this game plays and looks best at is where you want to set your desktop res to, in order to get the best results from your vid card in other games!

Good luck,

FastVFR

7. DepDuke

DepDuke Glockitall

right now, my desktop is at 1024x768. I will set the game to that and see if it helps.